New guy here

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n21058 said:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome...It seems this place is reasonably optimistic. Let's hope the injury bug stays away from UF this year. I think the worst thing that would come from it(injuries) would be a 6-6 or 7-5 season which would cause a HUGE divide in the fan base on the whole Muschamp issue.

if you haven't noticed there's already a huge divide

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator said:
Concrete Helmet;n21058 said:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome...It seems this place is reasonably optimistic. Let's hope the injury bug stays away from UF this year. I think the worst thing that would come from it(injuries) would be a 6-6 or 7-5 season which would cause a HUGE divide in the fan base on the whole Muschamp issue.

if you haven't noticed there's already a huge divide
I think your right but if we win it will unite the fan base, if we lose like last year it will also unite the fan base......but if we are middle of the road say 7-5 it probably won't be enough to do either. In other words it's a make it or break it season for the coaches AND the fans.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone that didn't support a change if we somehow went 7-5 this season needs to have their head examined.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;21339 said:
Anyone that didn't support a change if we somehow went 7-5 this season needs to have their head examined.

+1

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n21346 said:

Just being curious here but what if that record included wins over UT, UGA and the Clowns with injuries being on par with last year ???? Oh, and he won the bowl game to boot. Not being argumentative just curious as to what carries the most weight with you guys to him being retained. I remember Cooper at OSU being fired despite a stellar record...he just couldn't beat UM.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;21355 said:
GatorJ;n21346 said:
Just being curious here but what if that record included wins over UT, UGA and the Clowns with injuries being on par with last year ???? Oh, and he won the bowl game to boot. Not being argumentative just curious as to what carries the most weight with you guys to him being retained. I remember Cooper at OSU being fired despite a stellar record...he just couldn't beat UM.

Ok. I'll play.

Which are the 5 losses (assuming we beat FSU, GA, UT and a bowl game)

Eastern Mich
Kentucky
Idaho
Alabama
LSU
Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Eastern KY

I'll wait...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ said:
GatorJ;n21346 said:

Ok. I'll play.

Eastern Mich
Kentucky
Idaho
Alabama
LSU
Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Eastern KY

I'll wait...
I'll go with the obvious, USCe, Mizzou, Vandy, LSU and Bama....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now I'm open to a 3 loss season with a new offense:

1st loss: Bama or LSU
2nd loss: South Carolina or FSU
3rd loss: A bowl game

I'd be even willing to concede a 4 loss season if the following occurred:

1. A loss to either Bama or LSU
2. A loss to South Carolina
3. A close loss in the SEC Championship game
4. Disappointment leads to a poor bowl showing.

Otherwise 3 losses max. 2 is ideal. A win against Georgia. A win or close loss to the clowns. And an SECCG appearance.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome. Regarding the Muschamp bashing, you can put Law, gardnerwebb, and NTCRZE on block now and you'll be just fine.

:lalala:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
GatorJ;n21346 said:

Ok. I'll play.

Eastern Mich
Kentucky
Idaho
Alabama
LSU
Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Eastern KY

I'll wait...
I'm sorry but back to back losses to vandy would not cut it. I would show up to the next game with a bag on my head

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
GatorJ;n21346 said:

Ok. I'll play.

Eastern Mich
Kentucky
Idaho
Alabama
LSU
Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Eastern KY

I'll wait...
So a 3-5 record in the SEC? Three out of 4 years with a losing SEC record?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ said:
Now I'm open to a 3 loss season with a new offense:

1st loss: Bama or LSU
2nd loss: South Carolina or FSU
3rd loss: A bowl game

I'd be even willing to concede a 4 loss season if the following occurred:

1. A loss to either Bama or LSU
2. A loss to South Carolina
3. A close loss in the SEC Championship game
4. Disappointment leads to a poor bowl showing.

Otherwise 3 losses max. 2 is ideal. A win against Georgia. A win or close loss to the clowns. And an SECCG appearance.
Pretty much the same here...I have us pegged at 9-4 or 10-3 but am hoping for an appearance in the SECCG. South Carolina is the only team that should be as good or better than us on paper in the east. UGA is a most unless we spank the clowns AND win the bowl game. On another note I don't believe LSU is going to be that good this year and a lot of teams are breaking in new QB's. A poor bowl showing is NOT allowable as NSD will be right around the corner and there are a ton of elite recruits who will be waiting until then to sign.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Phineus Maximus said:
Welcome. Regarding the Muschamp bashing, you can put Law, gardnerwebb, and NTCRZE on block now and you'll be just fine.

Thanks, the NTCRZE dude is an FSUX troll that has been on ALL of the Gator boards and blogs. Thanks for the heads up though.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
creepy-callista-gingrich-meme-generator-ahhhh-fresh-meat-9b7e15.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:

Ox banned him...permanently I hope.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
GatorJ;n21346 said:

Ok. I'll play.

Eastern Mich
Kentucky
Idaho
Alabama
LSU
Vandy
Missouri
South Carolina
Eastern KY

I'll wait...
Another loss to Vandy should seal his fate...no matter the rest of the record. I don't expect a win over Bama, but I think we can compete with everyone else on the schedule if our offense has a pulse this year. That will probably equate to a record of about 9-3 with our schedule. A few breaks and we could win 10...a few bad breaks and we could be 7-5. I'm growing cautiously optimistic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n20941 said:
Will you feel the same way if we win 10 games, beat UGA, and bring in Cowart, Campbell, Jefferson and Ivey and JD is an all conference QB...just wondering because I'm thinking all of the above are going to happen. That being said I was kicked off a Gator board at the end of last season for my criticism of Muschamp.

I'm thinking you should put down the crackpipe.

The injury bug has already destroyed the brain of the head coach. He thinks you win games with TOP. We'll be 7-6 again. Very little reason to believe the coach has changed his line of thinking and under stress he'll do what he believes (play it safe and punt). Vince Dooley/Ray Goof ball is part of his DNA.

You can't change a dawg's colors.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n21339 said:

The entire pumperdom will still be on board and blaming injuries or maybe 1st year OC even with 7-6 or 8-5.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;n21567 said:
The entire pumperdom will still be on board and blaming injuries or maybe 1st year OC even with 7-6 or 8-5.

Pumperdom has not sufficiently warned the new guy about you:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.