New spring football league resurrects washed up QBs

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any reps Del Rio received, practice or game over Appleby showed just how big of dumba$$ Butters was.
I think he will do well under Spurrier.
He has that huge arm, no accuracy problem we've had since 2012.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder who Spurrier's best player will be? He's got a pretty talented roster.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Proud owner of Orlando Spurriers season tickets.

What did that cost? $25? Seriously, I hope the league works out. The NFL should invest in one of these leagues to assist w/ developing OL's and QBs. There's a need for a feeder minor league system for at least OL's and QBs and I'm sure they'd find a few gems at other spots. If each NFL team put in $500K this league could easily succeed.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What did that cost? $25? Seriously, I hope the league works out. The NFL should invest in one of these leagues to assist w/ developing OL's and QBs. There's a need for a feeder minor league system for at least OL's and QBs and I'm sure they'd find a few gems at other spots. If each NFL team put in $500K this league could easily succeed.
Season Tix start at $75.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
$250. But we got seats in front of the cheerleaders.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like the colors of Orlando’s unis.

Im really shocked by O&B. I figured theyd do something neutral, or a combination like orange and maroon or something.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quick glance - Kelvin Taylor?

Will Hill WAS the most talented athlete on that roster but he can’t outrun his deep character flaws.

img00058-20100531-1907.jpg

Will Hill was more concerned about hot chicks than most football games back innthe day. he definitely took a lot of games off when he thought the game didn't matter.

I don't really expect him to be too focused for this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And Austin Appleby? Just because he was slightly better than Del Rio doesn't mean he was a good QB. He was hideous and I never wanted to see him take another snap. That feeling continues to his AAF career.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The NFL tried it with the NFL Europe, and this is one of two "professional football" leagues being created. The other is by Ed McCaffery was some investors. The NFL should jump on one of these like you said. The overhead would be cheaper in the US.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The NFL tried it with the NFL Europe, and this is one of two "professional football" leagues being created. The other is by Ed McCaffery was some investors. The NFL should jump on one of these like you said. The overhead would be cheaper in the US.

$500K per team would be nothing. The NFL could throw in $2 million or whatever and each team would have a $4-5 million budget to work with - including the entire operation; player salaries, coaches salaries, trainers, facilities, etc 8 to 10 teams would be plenty to field a "minor league" and if they are paying around $75k-100K per player that's enough for the players to feel it's worth it. I guess w/ college football footing the bill it's been an easy business model for the NFL. With the numbers of HS players dropping it seems inevitable that within the next 10-20 years there's going to be a lack of talent in college football. The biggest issue seems to be OL development and finding a good QB. The NFL is cheap when it comes to certain issues but willing to spend a sh*t-ton on other things.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
$500K per team would be nothing. The NFL could throw in $2 million or whatever and each team would have a $4-5 million budget to work with - including the entire operation; player salaries, coaches salaries, trainers, facilities, etc 8 to 10 teams would be plenty to field a "minor league" and if they are paying around $75k-100K per player that's enough for the players to feel it's worth it. I guess w/ college football footing the bill it's been an easy business model for the NFL. With the numbers of HS players dropping it seems inevitable that within the next 10-20 years there's going to be a lack of talent in college football. The biggest issue seems to be OL development and finding a good QB. The NFL is cheap when it comes to certain issues but willing to spend a sh*t-ton on other things.
I like this idea. With so many colleges running offenses that don't always translate immediately to the pros it would give them a chance to develop them with coaches. Put some of the guys that are still need work down there and call them up if needed.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Im really shocked by O&B. I figured theyd do something neutral, or a combination like orange and maroon or something.

Shocked? Really??? They brought in SOS to coach ‘em up. It was probably on his list of demands before he signed the contract, duh....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shocked? Really??? They brought in SOS to coach ‘em up. It was probably on his list of demands before he signed the contract, duh....
I'm just surprised to catsup and mustard crowd aren't throwing a fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.