Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brown is a team first guy. Despite all he's been through this season, I'd be surprised if he transferred.
He’s a 5* Big who came here to play for a certain coach. Their entire team is depleted, everyone is gone including the coaching staff. It’s a complete redo, start over. He’s be foolish to stay.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Might just be the key missing piece to help make us a contender. Yes to Brown! Come on down! Go Gators!

I have been as critical of White and player development as anyone, but over the weekend I got to thinking of next years roster from White's point of view. One could say the rotation alphabetically by broad position will be:

Guard: Locke, Mann, Nembhard
Swing: Lewis, Johnson

Even if broken down by position with starters listed first it looks something like:

PG: Nembhard, Mann
SG: Locke
SF: Lewis
PF: Johnson, Bassett
C: Stokes, Payne

It is a rotation that can play small or big. It is a fairly skilled rotation. It is a strong defensive rotation. With a bit more player development among the 3 post type players or maybe a grad transfer post player it would be a rotation that UF could contend with.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
According to a poster on 247. A name to look out for is alihan demir as a grad transfer big man. Averaged 14 and 6 at Drexel. Would probably be a solid pick up.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
According to a poster on 247. A name to look out for is alihan demir as a grad transfer big man. Averaged 14 and 6 at Drexel. Would probably be a solid pick up.

Blackshear

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All this transfer announcement, yet no reference or guesses on what it may mean to Gators.??

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You’re impressed with White. I don’t expect you to be impressed with anyone else. Carry on.

The same White who bish slapped your team weeks ago?

And no, I’m not sold on White yet at all. I like some of the things he does but he’s still got some obvious things to work on. Still better than Alford though :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The same White who bish slapped your team weeks ago?

And no, I’m not sold on White yet at all. I like some of the things he does but he’s still got some obvious things to work on. Still better than Alford though :lol:
Yep. That’s the one. No one here is comparing Alford to White except you.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Now Nembhard is saying he’s going to the NBA. :lol2:

We’ll see you back in the O&B next season, kid.

As of right now, he isn't even a second round pick. The process allows him to go to camps and get feedback on what he needs to work on. College football needs to do something like it. Too many guys leaving for the nfl who have no prayer of getting drafted. If Nemhard does leave, he'll be going overseas.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. That’s the one. No one here is comparing Alford to White except you.

You’re the one who brought up White lol

I just hope you’re happy. All that matters to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator