Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m shocked. Who was the last Va. Tech transfer in?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hope this guy is here to win not just try to look good for the NBA. Still gotta have some chemistry going on.
That said THANK GOD..............the last few years we just needed a REAL INSIDE presence.........

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
And DFS and Hudson both declined under White. Let’s hope White has learned a thing or two.

DFS was really good, you sure he declined?

Hudson yes, although his first year he was better than he ever was at Va Tech.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It really will be a hot seat season for White -- this is a one season window for everybody. Can White prove he can get it done with Top 10 talent? If he can, he buys himself time to rebuild when the principals leave after this season, as expected. If this season is a disappointment, then it is a perfect time to make a change.

I am pulling for Mike to show what he can do with this kind of roster. Go Gators!

I was very encouraged by White's progress at first, but now I'm in wait and see mode. There have been a couple stretches of near greatness on the floor and an equal amount of blundering around on offense. I'm still in the "hope White does it" crowd, but I need the fainting spells to end - and end soon.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was very encouraged by White's progress at first, but now I'm in wait and see mode. There have been a couple stretches of near greatness on the floor and an equal amount of blundering around on offense. I'm still in the "hope White does it" crowd, but I need the fainting spells to end - and end soon.
With at least one article out there saying that the Gators are "Final Four contenders" now, there will be little question about White with what he does with this roster.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Alligator Army (@AlligatorArmy) tweeted at 9:24 PM on Wed, Jun 26, 2019:
The contingent of fans who sincerely thought that White should have been fired THIS year would fall into the "denying reality" camp, for sure.
()

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DFS was really good, you sure he declined?

Hudson yes, although his first year he was better than he ever was at Va Tech.
We all had high expectations for DFS his senior year after winning 6th man the year before. He ended up a SEC 2nd Team player. I just remembered he didn’t play to his full potential and we discussed that with it being White’s first year. Maybe I’m misremembering.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We all had high expectations for DFS his senior year after winning 6th man the year before. He ended up a SEC 2nd Team player. I just remembered he didn’t play to his full potential and we discussed that with it being White’s first year. Maybe I’m misremembering.

Yea I can’t hardly remember what happened on Monday so I’m not help here lol

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Very much looking forward to watching this team this coming season. Coach has done a great job recruiting. Glad we kept him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.