NFL abuzz over Will Grier’s first start

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw a stat today - if he actually starts, it’ll be the FOURTH Gator transfer to start a NFL game this season. Hooray lost decade!
Driskel
Brisset
Grier
Who is #4?

Del Rio
Morning Wood
Treon
Max Staver

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw a stat today - if he actually starts, it’ll be the FOURTH Gator transfer to start a NFL game this season. Hooray lost decade!
Garbage ass AD spent a decade trying to hire garbage ass Saban assistants who believed the only way to win was ensure the QB never throws (Chump) or never throws a forward pass (Shark).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've posted this before, but my Dad's theory is that Saban's system is so established that he could have trained monkeys as assistants. Smart guys aren't necessary, and Saban wouldn't want them second-guessing him anyway. So he deliberately hires uninspired knuckleheads as assistants, knowing that because of their association with him, they will eventually be offered HC gigs elsewhere. This way he is slowly but surely populating the rest of the league with inferior competition who can never out-coach him. He is, after all, 19-0 against his former assistants.
I agree. He does hire some talented people but he hires such a giant staff that everyone has a very small job to do and everyone's work gets reviewed and QC'ed.

These guys arent even used to working that hard, some of the shortest hours in cfb. You will notice most of these guys dont have incredible work ethics once they leave the hive. They expect to receive a nearly finished work product (game prep, recruiting, whatever) and just he able to implement it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn’t it you who posted recently about the means and degree of his control? That’s not likely to recur anytime soon if ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it, they realize they're lacking one thing they need in order to make it all work: Nick Saban.
And a staff of 150 and an unlimited, literally unlimited budget.

Saban isnt a great gameday coach. Good enough to own Shart, but he was still a 7-5 coach much of his career. He is a task master though.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that Kiffin will be the 1st former assistant to beat Satan.

Could be....

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've watched a bit of Grier since he's been in the nfl. He has a serious lack of arm talent. I don't recall that as a problem at UF.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rivera sure isn't the right coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.