NFL.com : CFB Top DB prospects

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tabor's length should offset his likely mid 4.6 40 time. If he could somehow get his 40 time in the 4.5 range he might be a top 10 pick.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have been living in a CFB world for a while where the good ones are never around for a senior year (but who can blame them with the immediate big $ they can make?). I had forgotten about the mentioned tackling concerns and hopefully the new guy on staff will properly address this, not just for draft purposes, but to benefit our D. I think Tabor's instincts are primarily what puts him at an elite level and compensates for "suspect" speed, though I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't knock a tenth off somewhere. I guess when you are "DBU" you expect to lose 'em as fast as you get 'em. Good thing is that there's somebody pretty good or gonna be to replace 'em.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
They have Marcus Maye #10. I happen to think Quincy Wilson is better than Maye. We are very fortunate to have such a good secondary.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Maye,Tabor,Wilson are all studs and all 3 will be gone after this year. It's going to be hard as hell to replace them especially with the way things have been going for the last couple years on the trail.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They have Marcus Maye #10. I happen to think Quincy Wilson is better than Maye. We are very fortunate to have such a good secondary.

Celebrate that our 2016 Gators have 2 DBs on the NFL radar -- plus, per the official
TagTale = UF has a 3rd DB in Wilson who could have been a 3rd on that NFL list.
Drink a toast to opposing offenses being toast.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling Dawson is going to impress this year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Maye is pretty much a strong safety, good against the run and suspect in coverage. We'll be better off with someone who can cover better playing free safety, though I think the Saban defense isn't a strictly "strong" and "free" as most conventional defenses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maye,Tabor,Wilson are all studs and all 3 will be gone after this year. It's going to be hard as hell to replace them especially with the way things have been going for the last couple years on the trail.
Yeah, I think we are ok this year, thin but ok at several positions.

We may be in real deep shyt on defense in 2017. :thug2: That Av needs a Sidehat.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yeah, I think we are ok this year, thin but ok at several positions.

We may be in real deep shyt on defense in 2017. :thug2: That Av needs a Sidehat.
Brantley,Cox,Davis,Anzalone,McMillian, Maye,Tabor,Wilson,and Possibly Dawson Will all be gone in 17. So yeah...it's going to be ruff...we'll probably worse than the 07 defense in the secondary.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brantley,Cox,Davis,Anzalone,McMillian, Maye,Tabor,Wilson,and Possibly Dawson Will all be gone in 17. So yeah...it's going to be ruff...we'll probably worse than the 07 defense in the secondary.

God I hope not. That's the worst secondary we've ever had.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
God I hope not. That's the worst secondary we've ever had.
Muschamp had the worst secondary ever. Re-watch the Miami and Alabama games for proof. Our guys weren't even in the same zip code as the receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.