NFL Combine

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
"A five-star prospect is considered to be one of the nation's top 25-30 players, four star is a top 250-300 or so player, three-stars is a top 750 level player, two stars means the player is a mid-major prospect and one star means the player is not ranked."

Math doesn't really add up. But I'm not taking the time to add up all the 3 stars listed on the 118 teams to see what the real number is. Just eyeballing it looks like almost all the top 75 teams have 10 or more three stars. Many have significantly more. Then there are still 5-10 on the bottom 50.

They only do the top 250 or something so there is no list beyond that from which to count last year's numbers actual numbers of 3 stars.

So, probably 1000 ish per class. And we go several years in between classes before we find the rare 3 star freak that everyone missed.

You're a big math guy, are the odds good when you fish in the 3 star pond?
Don't fish in the three star pond; fish in the pond of talent you have evaluated. Having been trained in rational thinking, I am sure you understand that you are computing the wrong odds. The odds that matter are for the coach you are interested in. In this case, for me, it's CDM. It is conceivable, a priori, that CDM's could differ from Mac's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator