NFL players jealous of NBA salaries

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Pro athletes complaining of how much money they make makes me want to puke. If any of them had to go out and actually work for a living in the real world they would shut up real quick.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing that NBA entertainers (players) get more money 'cause more money is raked in from
4-5 games per week.?? Maybe the comparison should be made showing $/game played ?
At least start from there. NBA players are more visible (no helmet), so they can market a product
easier than any O-tackles, etc. Basketball has more individual "stand-out" players than FB. IDK?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing that NBA entertainers (players) get more money 'cause more money is raked in from
4-5 games per week.?? Maybe the comparison should be made showing $/game played ?
At least start from there. NBA players are more visible (no helmet), so they can market a product
easier than any O-tackles, etc. Basketball has more individual "stand-out" players than FB. IDK?

The NFL makes almost double the NBA if I'm not mistaken. The NBA cap is $94 mill vs $153 mill for the NFL but you are dividing the pie up between 50+ players vs 12 for the NBA. Hello? Is Mike Conley worth $150 mill? Hell naw. I expect another lockout coming soon to the NBA. They have a 50/50 split and there's no way NBA scrubs should be getting $60 mill for 4 years.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I laughed at the stupidity of NBA owners. Why are you paying guys that average 8 points a game 10 million a year? The guys getting massive money aren't worth it. Franchises end up being terrible for years because all that money is gauranteed.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed at the stupidity of NBA owners. Why are you paying guys that average 8 points a game 10 million a year? The guys getting massive money aren't worth it. Franchises end up being terrible for years because all that money is gauranteed.
How bout the stupidity of the guys paying for the TV rights? Or the people who are paying the people who are paying for the TV rights (That would be us.)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I can't believe there's still enough people watching the NBA to make those salaries possible.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I can't believe there's still enough people watching the NBA to make those salaries possible.
No kidding. I didn't even watch the finals. I was addicted years ago.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I used to absolutely love the nba, now I casually watch the playoffs and am typically disgusted with what I see. League management and officiating have ruined the game.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
These NBA contracts are asinine. Remember when guys getting 20 million a year was a big deal. Now the nba hands out 20 million a year contracts out like Halloween candy. Guys are making 2 to 3 times their actual worth. I read that under this NBA Steph Curry's upcoming contract is really worth 400 million amd Westbrook is at 340 million.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I used to absolutely love the nba, now I casually watch the playoffs and am typically disgusted with what I see. League management and officiating have ruined the game.

Same here. Officiating was the main catalyst that drove me away. A good example was the most recent Shaq segment on nbatv where he showed guys taking between 10-25 steps with the refs watching. No traveling call made. Stars get special treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.