Warning: Political Takes NFL season kicks off tonight

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Gee let's channel our "conversation" into that safe space where you like the questions presented regarding something you post. For the record what you know and the positions you hold are really not very important.
Don't be a stranger!!

oh Lord I knew this was coming, so I'll respond. Nothing to do with a safe space. I was having the conversation with sofla (and zambo), and we were done having the conversation. Unless he has more to add. We reached as much common ground as I thought we could have. So the conversation is over. Maybe I'll feel like answering the questions another time. Am I not allowed to get tired of talking politics at some point?

How about this. I'll dm you my phone number and if you have questions for me and are respectful I'll talk to you about it and answer them. All the forum discussion takes forever.

Last edited:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Not to mention it's me having to answer 4-5 people every time I post something, usually only one or two of which are able to do so without being inflammatory or name calling. Gets ollllld fast man.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
and instead wore the name of a fallen war vet, is criticized by Rose’s mom

This may fall into the category of ...'so what, doesn't really apply', but...
This hero that Villanueva was honoring was a black man.
And that should count for something in the grand scheme of things the NFL messaging is trying to achieve.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Not to mention it's me having to answer 4-5 people every time I post something, usually only one or two of which are able to do so without being inflammatory or name calling. Gets ollllld fast man.
The fact that so many people are calling you out and being not so courteous about it is because you are so wrong. People are tired of false narratives. Gets olllld fast man.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
The fact that so many people are calling you out and being not so courteous about it is because you are so wrong. People are tired of false narratives. Gets olllld fast man.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the fact that this board is mostly conservative. If you went on a board that was mostly liberal then you would experience the same thing. Doesn't make you right or wrong.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hope that cute little diatribe with the personal attack gave you relief from your stress or achieved whatever goal you were seeking ;). I'm seeking productive conversation from people who know how to make reasonable points. Look to sofla and zambo if you need some pointers. Anyway, as I said in my previous post. I was seeking understanding, and there were plenty of reasonable people who did that, so I'm done talking about it. Take care.
Not sorry i hurt your feelings. You deserve it. Heck you solidified the snowflake "insult" with your following posts. Get thicker skin. Kudos to you for ignoring the point too in favor of a tearful "you insulted me!"

BLM is an evil organization and people like you that try everything in your power to look the other way when their ugliness is brought to light is the reason we are divided as a country right now.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Not sorry i hurt your feelings. You deserve it. Heck you solidified the snowflake "insult" with your following posts. Get thicker skin. Kudos to you for ignoring the point too in favor of a tearful "you insulted me!"

BLM is an evil organization and people like you that try everything in your power to look the other way when their ugliness is brought to light is the reason we are divided as a country right now.

I think we can all see who is getting emotional and upset and who the real snowflake is. Take care.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'm pretty sure it's mostly the fact that this board is mostly conservative. If you went on a board that was mostly liberal then you would experience the same thing. Doesn't make you right or wrong.
Point taken. The point you are ignoring is that you are wrong. The facts of the BLM website itself and what its founders sat are working agianst you.

But liberals dont deal in facts. Just emotions and pity parties when they get called out

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think we can all see who is getting emotional and upset and who the real snowflake is. Take care.
Thought you were done talking about it. Also love the tearful "take care" at the end of your posts.

Still ignoring the point i see. BLM by their very website is working to destroy western families. And its leaders are marxist. You deny this?

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Point taken. The point you are ignoring is that you are wrong. The facts of the BLM website itself and what its founders sat are working agianst you.

But liberals dont deal in facts. Just emotions and pity parties when they get called out
Still ignoring the point i see. BLM by their very website is working to destroy western families. And its leaders are marxist. You deny this?

I already discussed my position. I think that some of the leaders of the BLM movement have marxist ideas or are marxist or whatever. I don't think that is representative of the greater movement itself. I don't think you could find many NBA players that said they are part of the movement because of any of the marxist ideas. It's about racial equality for most of them (in my opinion). Maybe they are right. Maybe they are wrong. I don't have a problem with them standing up for what they think is right. I am not personally part of the movement nor have I stood up, sat down, knelt, etc. for any of it. I just don't have a huge problem with it.

I'm sorry if you disagree and that is somehow frustrating for you. It's okay that you disagree with me. Calm down.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I already discussed my position. I think that some of the leaders of the BLM movement have marxist ideas or are marxist or whatever. I don't think that is representative of the greater movement itself. I don't think you could find many NBA players that said they are part of the movement because of any of the marxist ideas. It's about racial equality for most of them (in my opinion). Maybe they are right. Maybe they are wrong. I don't have a problem with them standing up for what they think is right. I am not personally part of the movement nor have I stood up, sat down, knelt, etc. for any of it. I just don't have a huge problem with it.

I'm sorry if you disagree and that is somehow frustrating for you. It's okay that you disagree with me. Calm down.
Not leaders. Not some. The founders. If your founders are rotten your movement is rotten.

And the fact that lebron refuses to speak out on the two cops shot in cold blood in LA but will rush to a tearful defense of criminals resisting arrest is the fly in that "Nba players dont stand behind the whole movement" ointment

And you are hilarious to me with your "take cares" and "calm downs". Im not mad, im laughing at you because you are going by the msm playbook tit for tat trying to spin something evil as not.

I suppose you think the protests are mostly peaceful?

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Not leaders. Not some. The founders. If your founders are rotten your movement is rotten.

And the fact that lebron refuses to speak out on the two cops shot in cold blood in LA but will rush to a tearful defense of criminals resisting arrest is the fly in that ointment

And you are hilarious to me with your "take cares" and "calm downs". Im not mad, im laughing at you because you are going by the msm playbook hit for tat trying to spin something evil as not.

The founders. Got it. Not the leaders. Not some. Got it. Still think the NBA players are part of the movement for the racial equality parts, not the marxist ideas. Still think most people in the movement are part of it for the same reasons the NBA players are. That's okay. I could be wrong.

Agree with you on Lebron.

I'm glad you are laughing. It seemed like you were getting worked up, I apologize.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The founders. Got it. Not the leaders. Not some. Got it. Still think the NBA players are part of the movement for the racial equality parts, not the marxist ideas. Still think most people in the movement are part of it for the same reasons the NBA players are. That's okay. I could be wrong.

Agree with you on Lebron.

I'm glad you are laughing. It seemed like you were getting worked up, I apologize.
Im not worked up. Blatant ignorance and spinning to force a narrative when its obvious you are wrong is funny to me in a sad way.

And i stand by my point. The founders of the movement, the people that drive it, are working to burn the American system down. When the founders of the movement are evil, the movement is evil.

Again my Nazi point stands. Im sure the people that supported it were not all evil and saw the same thing you did. "Oh the FOUNDER is messed up, but I still like some of what the movement supports!'

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Im not worked up. Blatant ignorance and spinning to force a narrative when its obvious you are wrong is funny to me in a sad way.

And i stand by my point. The founders of the movement, the people that drive it, are working to burn the American system down. When the founders of the movement are evil, the movement is evil.

Again my Nazi point stands. Im sure the people that supported it were not all evil and saw the same thing you did. "Oh the FOUNDER is messed up, but I still like some of what the movement supports!'

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think I have a firm grasp of your opinion now.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Aka "I don't know how to defend my position so I'm tapping out."
I literally offered my personal phone number to anyone who wanted to keep discussing it. I already told you my position. You told me yours. When you reach an impasse in the conversation, it should be over. Sofla and Zambo realized this.

Our differences were: -What we think BLM means when they talk about family
-How much some of the leaders of the BLM trademarked company have to do with the actual movement.

You aren't trying to find common ground or anything, you are just trying to be incendiary, or at least that's what it seems. What would be productive about us discussing it further when we already know the essence of where we disagree?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I literally offered my personal phone number to anyone who wanted to keep discussing it. I already told you my position. You told me yours. When you reach an impasse in the conversation, it should be over. Sofla and Zambo realized this.

Our differences were: -What we think BLM means when they talk about family
-How much some of the leaders of the BLM trademarked company have to do with the actual movement.

You aren't trying to find common ground or anything, you are just trying to be incendiary, or at least that's what it seems. What would be productive about us discussing it further when we already know the essence of where we disagree?
Im not ending it because you will keep talking about it herw. And I'm not getting on the phone over something that can be talked out here. And im not trying to find common ground. Im trying to correct an incorrect way of thinking.

The facts about the family are undisputed. They state it word for word on their website. "We work to disrupt the western perscribed nuclear family." That cannot be spun.

Also you trying to say that the views of the founders dont reflect the views of the organization. Both of these viewpoints are egregiously wrong and the crux of why we are divided. We have a group of Americans who are refusing to see the wolf cloaked in sheep's clothing.

Have you even visited the website or researched what the organization stands for? The family thing is just the tip of the iceberg

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'll check back later. Ive got kids coming in soon. And unlike liberal teachers I don't push my poltiics trying to brainwash students

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
I'll check back later. Ive got kids coming in soon. And unlike liberal teachers I don't push my poltiics trying to brainwash students

Always good to hear that people aren't pushing politics on kids. Unless they are your own in which case it is your civic duty to BRAINWASH THEM!!!!! just ask my dad.

Last edited:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Im not ending it because you will keep talking about it herw. And I'm not getting on the phone over something that can be talked out here. And im not trying to find common ground. Im trying to correct an incorrect way of thinking.

The facts about the family are undisputed. They state it word for word on their website. "We work to disrupt the western perscribed nuclear family." That cannot be spun.

Also you trying to say that the views of the founders dont reflect the views of the organization. Both of these viewpoints are egregiously wrong and the crux of why we are divided. We have a group of Americans who are refusing to see the wolf cloaked in sheep's clothing.

Have you even visited the website or researched what the organization stands for? The family thing is just the tip of the iceberg

"We work to disrupt the western prescribed nuclear family requirement"

Yep. Read it. Talked about it. Disagreed about what it meant, but admitted that I could be wrong. Same goes for everything else you are saying. Talked about it with others who hold your same stance. Found out where we disagree. Found out where we agree as well. At this point we are just saying the same things over and over. Which is why I tried to end it, because I saw that coming. Admitted that my opinion could be wrong, as I always do.

I like to understand where people are coming from, because I think the failure of our politicians and people to do that is what has resulted in the degradation of politics and, to a certain extent, our country. Sofla and Zambo helped me achieve that. I don't feel any need to hate or degrade either side on this issue. Feel free to dm me some sources that are reliable that support your point of view and I promise to look at them. Because you typing what Zambo and Sofla have already said isn't going to "correct my thinking." No CNN or Fox garbage or any sources like that though, of course. I'm sure you don't watch that poison anyway. You can leave the sources here in the thread but I might not see it.

I have shared the parts I'm okay with and criticized the parts I don't like of BLM to some of my liberal friends as well. They, too, didn't come away completely satisfied that I wasn't on "their side." I leave a bunch of disappointed people in my wake on a ton of political issues, because I don't think I quite fit into the political box that a lot of people do. I am one of those annoying, "both sides" people.

I officially declare my discussion of BLM OVERRRR!!!!!!! For today at least. My phone number offer still stands. So if you REALLY want to talk about it, let me know. But I'm guessing that you were just here for a laugh, like you said. Glad I could entertain you. Take care! ; )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator