NIL troubles in Tallacrappy? Players now holding out until they get paid

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It seems Jarvis Browlee is holding out. Even if it is the kid's fault, this looks bad for clown town.

According to Ingram Smith of The Nolecast, the No. 1 FSU football podcast in the nation, it is because Brownlee is frustrated with a current NIL issue. Despite rumors of Brownlee lacking a deal all together, he says that, as he understands it, Brownlee has a deal in place but is currently ineligible.

Florida State DB Reportedly Holds Out Of Practice Over Lack Of NIL Deal

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So now we're going to have college athletes holding out due to money deals. Is there any more final nail in the coffin for what was once amateur athletics?

This disaster is only the tip of the iceberg.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Across CFB during the season will the payers of this & those players cause trouble if their NIL "charge" is held out of games.? or is disciplined by the HC.?
How does NIL help CFB.? help the fans.?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So now we're going to have college athletes holding out due to money deals. Is there any final nail in the coffin for what was once amateur athletics?

The minute I heard about NIL I said it would be the downfall of the sport and I would likely stop watching it when the whiny ass kids start acting like the NFL brats. I havent watched an NFL game in 20 years or more. This is the beginning of the downfall.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
It seems Jarvis Browlee is holding out. Even if it is the kid's fault, this looks bad for clown town.

According to Ingram Smith of The Nolecast, the No. 1 FSU football podcast in the nation, it is because Brownlee is frustrated with a current NIL issue. Despite rumors of Brownlee lacking a deal all together, he says that, as he understands it, Brownlee has a deal in place but is currently ineligible.

Florida State DB Reportedly Holds Out Of Practice Over Lack Of NIL Deal
So let me get this right according to the guy tweeting
"From what I have heard Brownlee did not meet the min requirement of the agreement and as such compensation has either been delayed or will not be occurring."
Oh no, a contract between a player and a sponsor and the players does not "meet the min requirement" of said contract so they don't pay him the unearned amount, so Brownlee pouts and goes on strike against his team because he failed to live up to the terms of his contract. If Norvell had any cohones he would cut the kid immediately. What a POS Brownlee must be, clear he thinks all the stipulations are nothing but words as he gets "paid to play" wowser! death knell to the golden goose.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So now we're going to have college athletes holding out due to money deals. Is there any more final nail in the coffin for what was once amateur athletics?

Don’t be so dramatic. This isn’t going to happen. It won’t work it’s way into recruiting where a team buys a class. This had always been the case, just not in the open. Players deserve to be paid. And pretty sure you’re a racist.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Don’t be so dramatic. This isn’t going to happen. It won’t work it’s way into recruiting where a team buys a class. This had always been the case, just not in the open. Players deserve to be paid. And pretty sure you’re a racist.
True, but still funny.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
As NIL is theoretically not connected to the scholarship, the team is not responsible for his money. Therefore he has no standing to hold out.. They should yank his scholarship. He does have an obligation to show up for practice..

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fvk around and find out.

CFB is about to find out.

Utterly stupid move IMO. I guess we will see how it shakes out. Maybe I'm wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As NIL is theoretically not connected to the scholarship, the team is not responsible for his money. Therefore he has no standing to hold out.. They should yank his scholarship. He does have an obligation to show up for practice..

That’s an excellent point. Really hard to make the argument that it’s not pay for play when a kid sits out and refuses to even practice over money. As several have said, including Lugenbill and other analysts, the whole concept of NIL was a Trojan horse that led to disasters like this. The schools haven’t made a dime off of most of these kids through performance, jersey sales, etc. and yet that was the whole premise from day one.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

Just wait til the players realize they don’t have to go through the School to set up NIL deals.

Soon, a super agent like Scott Boras, will set something up for NIL deals to go through him. He could control the finances of the majority of college athletes, and greatly change football for the worst.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Coaches need to address this **** now. As much as it’s a bad look for them in the short term, they should stick together and dump kids that do things like this. Yeah it will cause a drop in last years recruiting ranking, but if you let these kids and their parents and advisors start running CFB it will end up like AAU basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator