No love for the O&B

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why would anyone pick the Gators to beat Michigan the way we played post-Grier?
I picked us in the ESPN contest, but put that game at the lowest confidence level (1 point).

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
Why would anyone pick the Gators to beat Michigan the way we played post-Grier?
I picked us in the ESPN contest, but put that game at the lowest confidence level (1 point).

First you actually catch the reference of my user name, then you make the exact same pick as me. I'm starting to flip my wig over here.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why anyone would pick UF worth Harris starting...he sucks against awful defenses and michigan's defense is hardly awful

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They all picked Clemson over Oklahoma. I'm not so sure about that one. Oklahoma has something Clemson hasn't seen all year...a Quarterback. Clemson has seen good defenses in Notre Dame and FSU but the only threat they faced at QB was UNC's Marquise Williams, a dual-threat QB. Baker Mayfield is a different animal. He can tuck it and run if you give him an opening, but he's a better pure passer than anybody Clemson has faced. That's an interesting matchup. I think it will come down to Oklahoma's o-line being able to slow down that Clemson pass rush. If they can, I could see Mayfield having a great day.

Alex.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
They all picked Clemson over Oklahoma. I'm not so sure about that one. Oklahoma has something Clemson hasn't seen all year...a Quarterback. Clemson has seen good defenses in Notre Dame and FSU but the only threat they faced at QB was UNC's Marquise Williams, a dual-threat QB. Baker Mayfield is a different animal. He can tuck it and run if you give him an opening, but he's a better pure passer than anybody Clemson has faced. That's an interesting matchup. I think it will come down to Oklahoma's o-line being able to slow down that Clemson pass rush. If they can, I could see Mayfield having a great day.

Alex.

I also took Clemson, just because OK hasn't played in a while and that is a very important thing when it comes to big bowl games.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Harris is garbage and everyone knows it but Michigan is not a juggernaut themselves. They rely on the run game (just like we do) and if it's not working Rudock is not going to beat us. I believe our Defense is better than Michigan's and think we'll find a way to win a close "boring ass" game. #ChompChomp

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:haters:

Don't care....

We beat slUT, UGAy & won the East for a trip to ATL. The rest is gravy in year 1 boys.

Anyone paying attention to recruiting can see what's about to happen in the East....... the Gator beast is on the hunt, again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if the OL is terrible again, it could be a long, boring day.

However, we have made two big changes in the last two games and put our top 4 or top 5 on the field. Two of those are freshmen but usually, for a young team or a team installing a new offense, there is a big increase in efficiency after the bowl prep (essentially another spring practice) and again in the second season.

A real running game and some time (and confidence) for Treon could lead to a different looking offense.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

However, we have made two big changes in the last two games and put our top 4 or top 5 on the field. Two of those are freshmen but usually, for a young team or a team installing a new offense, there is a big increase in efficiency after the bowl prep (essentially another spring practice) and again in the second season.

A real running game and some time (and confidence) for Treon could lead to a different looking offense.
I'm hoping we find a way to simplify offense for Treon

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

You're right, it would make a world of difference. Just knowing they'd have to respect the run some would, hopefully, lead to a few more completed passes to the receivers who otherwise have just been out there running wind sprints.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
You could hand Treon a 150 yard rusher and a 10 second clean pocket and he would still suck. I don't get the apologists, thankfully this is the last game we have to suffer him at QB.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Maybe Mac should name Grady the starter and when/if he sucks bring Treon in as relief. He was always better then :scratchhead:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac said in his presser that claribelle is rested and in good health and will start the bowl game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.