Noah Brindise implies Spurrier wanted head coaching job and was ignored

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Mullen is still young and motivated, SOS isn’t. Mullen will be here longer than three years.
There are all kinds of young and motivated coaches out there that are more than willing to make 7 mil a year for 3 years or longer. That doesn't make them a good hire. MSU passing game was worse than ours.........that's fun football?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
If mullen wins here, he will be here awhile. It just remains to be seen how much he wins. Is he a championship caliber HC? I have doubts. And look, Id settle for SEC championships at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, Brindise is absolutely brutalizing Stricklin. What a hoot.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
7 million a year made it a little upward and his buddy will give him all the slack he needs. Just getting taken to the well again by non-Gator types running the ship. Get this trash the hell out of here.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I know a guy who is in a position to know know, and he told me essentially the same thing a week ago, that Spurrier was very interested in the job. I did not say anything about it here because this place was already awash in "sources" and frankly I had no way of verifying if what he said was true or not, so I sat on it. But its pretty much the same thing Brindise is saying now.

What a shame. He could have turned this thing around and handed off to the "home run hire" when they became available. Instead we're stuck with Dan Freaking Mullen.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There are all kinds of young and motivated coaches out there that are more than willing to make 7 mil a year for 3 years or longer. That doesn't make them a good hire. MSU passing game was worse than ours.........that's fun football?
So your solution is the old guy who quit mid season because he didn’t want to recruit anymore?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know a guy who is in a position to know know, and he told me essentially the same thing a week ago, that Spurrier was very interested in the job. I did not say anything about it here because this place was already awash in "sources" and frankly I had no way of verifying if what he said was true or not, so I sat on it. But its pretty much the same thing Brindise is saying now.

What a shame. He could have turned this thing around and handed off to the "home run hire" when they became available. Instead we're stuck with Dan Freaking Mullen.

Really hard to say, 83. He says he'd still like to draw up plays, but he doesn't want all the other "stuff" that goes with head coaching. Maybe more than anything, he just wanted a reach-out out of respect. All I know is, I love the reaction from Brindise.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ength-possibility-returning-gators-head-coach

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So your solution is the old guy who quit mid season because he didn’t want to recruit anymore?

I get that, Sas, but this is his alma mater. See: Frost, Scott per Osborne, Tom

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
People sometimes find their motivation again in the right situation. I'm not suggesting that SOS was the long term solution but I'd rather have him than Mullen. I find his offense boring as hell and we ain't gonna beat the top tier SEC teams running that shyt.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just called the UAA. "Our circuits are all busy. Please try your call later."

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Really hard to say, 83. He says he'd still like to draw up plays, but he doesn't want all the other "stuff" that goes with head coaching. Maybe more than anything, he just wanted a reach-out out of respect. All I know is, I love the reaction from Brindise.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ength-possibility-returning-gators-head-coach
I know that publicly he's said he's done, but I also know what I was told and it matches up with what Brindise is saying. Maybe its as you say, that he just wanted somebody to ask him out of respect, all I know is two people who personally know him have said the same thing, which I put some stock in.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin had to know the backlash was coming, and yet he went ahead anyway. Good luck, fella, here's to hoping for earmuffs and very thick epidermis.

brittanygator

Nov 25, 2017
I'm sure Noah is telling the truth. I don't see him making up anything. What I don't get is that Spurrier has indicated over and over again that he was done coaching. He even says in his book that at USC he was having memory loss due to extreme stress. Florida would only be ten times worse in that department. I know Steve just wants to help his school out, and that's why I love him so much, but I think if he truly took a step back for a minute and looked at the situation, he would realize that that wouldn't be a good idea. We have a major class to save and we all know Steve doesn't want to recruit. Steve shouldn't even want to get involved head first into our dumpster fire. Relax and enjoy the show, Stevie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator