Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
fsu did not get hosed. They played the easiest schedule of a top 10 team, are without their QB, and struggled mightily in their conference championship. They simply are not a top 4 team and the Committee didn't give in.
Yeah. Honestly the committee did them a favor. Now they can pull a UCF and go print out a championship banner at Kinko's. Selling "we are undefeated and got hosed" to fans and recruits is a nicer story than "our best team in a decade got boat raced by the 1st good team they played all year".

And they would've got boat raced in the playoff with or without Travis. They just a decent team in a terrible conference, that got to play 7 backup or injured starting QBs in a row.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I don't have any FSU friends, but you should see the Michigan peeps I grew up with bitching about FSU being robbed. It's practically the same thing as FSU fans, with a twist.

I assume you have seen the video of UM's room when Alabama was announced instead of fsu?

That was funny. I am still not sold on bama after the Auburn miracle, but who knows. Should be a good game.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Beneficiary? Their staff started the season trying to find the best QB, and played several before deciding on Milroe. That's coaching. They improved as the season continued. Sound familiar? Of course not, we regressed. They beat georgia. That's not being a beneficiary, that's winning. Good for them. I can only wish we had a staff which operates at that level. Napier likely struggling behind the scenes to replace the coaches that left. Saban would have already had his replacements identified, vetted, and ready to accept.
Alabama has always been given preferential treatment. They've won multiple national championships under Saban when they weren't even the best team in their division. The committee will always make an excuse for Alabama to get in when they don't deserve it and nobody else will.

At least this year they won the SEC, but it still doesn't change the fact they got trounced at home and haven't looked anything like a championship caliber team all season long.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama has always been given preferential treatment. They've won multiple national championships under Saban when they weren't even the best team in their division. The committee will always make an excuse for Alabama to get in when they don't deserve it and nobody else will.

At least this year they won the SEC, but it still doesn't change the fact they got trounced at home and haven't looked anything like a championship caliber team all season long.
you can hate bama all you want, but they are 100% the best team in cfb today and absolutely looked like the best team in cfb on saturday against the undisputed, undefeated, top ranked 2 time national champs. again hate on them all you want, but the bold above is patently absurd.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

SEC Champion, whose only loss is to the third team in the playoff ranking. A team that is light years ahead of where it was against a Texas team or USF team that wasn't as bad as advertised. They dominated that game, more than the score indicated Saturday night.

Alabama does get some Alabama calls.... but they are very deserving of being in the playoffs this year.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is that people act like the teams today are exactly as good as they were 3 months ago when the season started. Bama had a new young QB going against a seasoned veteran QB in the Texas game and they paid the price for it. Now that Milroe has figured out the game a lot better, Bama is a far better team than they were back then. In contrast to that you have FSU, who used the talents of one of the best athletes in the game to eek out close games against crappy opponents, and now that guy is out for the season and they are a shadow of the team they were mid-season.

It will all be academic when UGA does a public Cleveland Steamer on them in the Orange Bowl. Of course they will still whine that since the game 'didn't count' they were just mailing it in. Right. Just mailing it in when you have the chance to go undefeated and prove to everyone that you belonged. Sure.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
This meltdown by fsu fans is glorious. The only annoying thing is that the other fan bases are defending fsu, but Georgia killing fsu will stop that. Also the other playoff teams wanted fsu because they are a guaranteed win. Fsu didn't deserve it with their joke schedule. Even if healthy they wouldn't have won the title and they would have been a waste of a playoff spot.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Couple of things of note.

5. Clemson is tied with UNC for the 4th best record in the ACC and needed OT to beat Clemson on what many have mentioned questionable calls. This was the same Clemson team that finished 4-4 in the conference and at the time, was not a good football team. They lost their opener to DUKE 28-7.
Let's not forget, ClemPson was down to their walkon kicker that just re-joined the team, the week of the game.
Had he made the chipship FG at the end of the game, this wouldn't be a discussion.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have any FSU friends, but you should see the Michigan peeps I grew up with bitching about FSU being robbed. It's practically the same thing as FSU fans, with a twist.
Saban telling Harbaugh “Hey, steal this sign!” probably has them a little spooked…

IMG_0262.gif

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Would Michigan rather play Alabama or FSU? Everyone knows the answer to this. The committee did the right thing and picked the best four teams.

It is going to be so much fun when Georgia beats them by 30 points. I don't particularly like Georgia either, but FSU needs to be put in their place, and they will be.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Other than 2011, what year did Bama get in preferentially? Even in '11, Bama proved that they DID belong in because they kept LSU from even crossing the 50 yard line in the championship game after getting beat by them 9-6 in overtime in the regular season.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why would any Gator listen to him????

Just kidding, someone in this board said that to me on Saturday night.

Only other option was to turn the TV off and I wanted to hear about the bowl game matchups. Guess I had to take the good with the bad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Other than 2011, what year did Bama get in preferentially? Even in '11, Bama proved that they DID belong in because they kept LSU from even crossing the 50 yard line in the championship game after getting beat by them 9-6 in overtime in the regular season.

You kinda backed-in in 2017. But all was forgiven because of 2nd and 26.

In this case, one team was trending up and the other down, then lost their possible trans QB. Pretty simple. Gun to their head, there’s not a single one of these talking heads that would take the noles over Alabama on a neutral site. End of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator