Not So Disappointing Signing Day After All

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Defense will be better?? Or offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant that the defense will be better in 2016 than in 2017, so the team will have a more successful year in 2016 and will then take a step back in 2017.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I meant that the defense will be better in 2016 than in 2017, so the team will have a more successful year in 2016 and will then take a step back in 2017.
Hard to say. If Clark and Holley step up at DT, we could still have a good 2017 defense. Jefferson will be a Jr at that point. I think we are going to remain competitive every year because I think the offense will improve over the next couple seasons. However, we have to kill recruiting this next cycle on defense

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say. If Clark and Holley step up at DT, we could still have a good 2017 defense. Jefferson will be a Jr at that point. I think we are going to remain competitive every year because I think the offense will improve over the next couple seasons. However, we have to kill recruiting this next cycle on defense

There will be a lot of underclassmen and/or first year starters making up the majority of defense that year. That alone is a bad sign, but the depth behind all of those inexperienced players thanks to this class is also another potential problem.

That said, I don't want to be all gloom and doom. The offense will be good and the defense should be good enough to keep us in games.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There will be a lot of underclassmen and/or first year starters making up the majority of defense that year. That alone is a bad sign, but the depth behind all of those inexperienced players thanks to this class is also another potential problem.

That said, I don't want to be all gloom and doom. The offense will be good and the defense should be good enough to keep us in games.
I'm with you, but I think it's too early to tell also. Who knows who will step up and earn PT this year that will carry over to 2017. My big issue is that if we don't load up on D this cycle, we'll be playing whack-a-mole during recruiting. I think Mac can make an offense work with a lower level of skill player, so long as he has a good OLine. Defense needs more attention, because of exactly what you're saying....we are only going to get thinner if we don't recruit hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator