Note To Foley

Status
Not open for further replies.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
A list of things Foley should avoid after the Muschamp Debacle.

1. Extending McElwain's contract too soon
2. Giving McElwain a raise when not deserved (i.e. Muschamp raise and extension after a 7-6 year)
3. Stipulate in the contract that McElwaine cannot leave to an SEC East team or rival without massive payment
4. If and I am not saying it happens but if McElwaine would go 4-8 and lose to a D-1AA Team his third year...fire him that next day
5. Let McElwain decide who he wants on the staff, don't push people on him. (i.e. Weis on Muschamp)

Feel free to add things that you would like to see not happen again with this new regime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n123106 said:
A list of things Foley should avoid after the Muschamp Debacle.

1. Extending McElwain's contract too soon
2. Giving McElwain a raise when not deserved (i.e. Muschamp raise and extension after a 7-6 year)
3. Stipulate in the contract that McElwaine cannot leave to an SEC East team or rival without massive payment
4. If and I am not saying it happens but if McElwaine would go 4-8 and lose to a D-1AA Team his third year...fire him that next day
5. Let McElwain decide who he wants on the staff, don't push people on him. (i.e. Weis on Muschamp)

Feel free to add things that you would like to see not happen again with this new regime.

I agree on some of that. Just write the extension to always have the 4 years to show the new recruits but with lower payouts (by years or amount) if the coach was to get canned.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp made ALL the decisions on hiring his assistants. To think otherwise is ludicrous. Any coach would be a complete fool to let the AD dictate his assistants.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n123359 said:
Muschamp made ALL the decisions on hiring his assistants. To think otherwise is ludicrous. Any coach would be a complete fool to let the AD dictate his assistants.

Welcome to the last few days.:lol:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
LagoonGator68;n123359 said:

Im not too sure about that. If that was the case then why are we hearing rumors that T-Rob and Durkin will be retained?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Coach9;n123368 said:
I'm sure Jeremy is thankful for the suggestions.
:rolleyes:

Oh cool coach9 took muschamps balls out of his mouth long enough to type a completely pointless post. What's new.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Get back on topic and quit bickering or I'll lock the thread.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n123458 said:
Get back on topic and quit bickering or I'll lock the thread.

Can you just lock it and delete it? It never got anywhere anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.