Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
How could someone choose Miami over UF?
Rank incompetence on the part of the primary recruiter mixed with a big fat helping of dumbass on the part of the recruit? Just my wild-ass guess you understand. The great coaching staff Williams has such a wonderful rapport with won't even be there after they fall on their faces again next season - what a maroon.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

what a cluster.

pull the plug dan. That old horse has got to be put down. Holy ****.

and to round out the day in fine style, rivals now ranks UT ahead of us despite them not having more recruits, fewer five stars and a lower average rating. Wow.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a dark and stormy night. Inside Florida's meeting room, a hushed silence existed. Safeties coach Ron English, who had recruited Williams hard for months, asked incredulously, "Did he just say Miami?" English then promptly got up from his seat near the end of the table, and became the first person to leave the room. Off in the distance, a dog barked.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How could someone choose Miami over UF?

Although he is not a coach, perhaps it was the chance to spend time with one of the greatest free safetys to ever play the game of football? Maybe it is just a guess. Sure could have come to UF and played immediately over any safety on the roster, but possibly be coached "down" to a level where you look like complete garbage on the field. I am not in support of the decision but perhaps the kid had a thought process. Would you want to play for a position coach that you know sux ballz? I would not.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like Safety is kinda a weird position to recruit. You gotta figure any top tier athlete in HS that is big and fast enough to play safety in college is probably playing linebacker or even receiver in HS. I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a young badass and thinking that safety might be one of the last positions I'd want to play if I were better than the other players on the field. Maybe not.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
While winning at the very highest level each year is not going to happen, WANTING to win at that level each and every year should be the ultimate goal. But it is clear that the attitude around the football program has become to EXPECT and ACCEPT mediocrity. It starts at the top. And just goes down from there, to facilities being kept at a mediocre level, why would you want to upgrade a coaching position or four? Mediocrity has become the standard.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
what a cluster.

pull the plug dan. That old horse has got to be put down. Holy ****.

and to round out the day in fine style, rivals now ranks UT ahead of us despite them not having more recruits, fewer five stars and a lower average rating. Wow.

Rivals only showing 23 commits, who they missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator