Number 5

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id go with Haden, personally.

Bubba may have been All American in a good offense, but honorable mention All SEC vs unanimous All American CB?

Haden all the way.

Quezzie beats Bubba easily also. All American. 1 NC and four SECC.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Bubba may have been All American in a good offense, but honorable mention All SEC vs unanimous All American CB?

Haden all the way.

Hard to argue this.
I like Bubba and he's in the conversation, but Haden and Jaquez have the titles to match their AA pedigree.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bubba

Andre Caldwell - Football - Florida Gators

Lots of good number 5s. Joe Haden, Earnest Graham, Jacquez Green come to mind

View attachment 25652

giphy.gif

Haden all the way.

iu

This is one of those rare instances when Swamp "Often Wrong, Never In Doubt" Donkey is absolutely, positively, 100% correct. Haden edges out Quezzie because Quezzie played behind Ike and Reidel and only had one season as the #1 receiver. Both of them are ahead of Bubba. Way to win one, Swonk.

iu

Alex.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Glad to have the original Uncle Rob back. The picks were starting to become pretty undebatable until today. This is solely a Haden vs Quezie battle. As great as my Avatar was, and as awesome as that play was, Haden was the better player over his entire career.

Andre Debose has been monitoring for tomorrow and is wondering if active players can be nominated.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I went with Andre for coming back from that horrible broken leg. What stats he might of put up if that hadn't happened.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I went with Andre for coming back from that horrible broken leg. What stats he might of put up if that hadn't happened.

I'm guessing at least 1-3 more colossally stupid felonies, as he would have been able to run from the cops a bit longer.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

We appreciate your backtracking, we really do, but sometimes it's better to repent from the error of your ways, admit your mistake, and move on. This is not a hill you want to die on.

Quezzie suffered a devastating injury against Nebraska in the bowl game following the '95 season. Imagine what numbers he might have put up if either Ike or Reidel weren't there or missed a season due to injury. Quezzie's recruiting class (if I recall correctly) included Ike, Reidel, Quezzie, Travis McGriff, Jaime Richardson (very talented, but a knucklehead, his admission may have been delayed), and Nafis Karim. Plus, Doering (who only set the SEC TD record) overlapped with him until 1995. When Ike and Reidel left early for the NFL, Quezzie got his chance to be the #1 guy and delivered a first team All-America season (not just All-SEC, All-American). Bubba didn't have that kind of competition, or that kind of success.

Alex.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quezzie or CJ. CJ was at his best at #5, before his contract year switch to #1.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
We appreciate your backtracking, we really do, but sometimes it's better to repent from the error of your ways, admit your mistake, and move on. This is not a hill you want to die on.

Quezzie suffered a devastating injury against Nebraska in the bowl game following the '95 season. Imagine what numbers he might have put up if either Ike or Reidel weren't there or missed a season due to injury. Quezzie's recruiting class (if I recall correctly) included Ike, Reidel, Quezzie, Travis McGriff, Jaime Richardson (very talented, but a knucklehead, his admission may have been delayed), and Nafis Karim. Plus, Doering (who only set the SEC TD record) overlapped with him until 1995. When Ike and Reidel left early for the NFL, Quezzie got his chance to be the #1 guy and delivered a first team All-America season (not just All-SEC, All-American). Bubba didn't have that kind of competition, or that kind of success.

Alex.
Options are like..., well, you know the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.