Offense and new playbook

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n275312 said:
All 3 OC's under Will were considered top candidates. I can't believe Weis' NE Patriot playbook is high school stuff. Boise St. runs a pretty wide open offense and Roper would have brought Duke's high scoring playbook of Cutcliff's. I find it hard to believe McElwain's playbook is that much more comolex than theirs.

Muschamp doesn't know enough about offense to have a playbook. My guess is when those guys wanted to open things open, go up tempo or pass he was in their ear telling them to slow down or run the ball, get field position and punt. But its not Muschamp's playbook.

How far removed from NE was Weis (Kansas offense lit the world on fire), Pease ran Boise State stuff at all his stops? take a look at his history (only one year as Boise State OC), and we don't know who Roper is. We were his first stop as a stand alone OC, before he followed Cutcliffe and was co-oc at Duke.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n275310 said:
I can understand that but they were doomed from the start. The way they called plays at their previous stops was drastically different from when they were here.

I agree that they were doomed from the start, but it is their fault for not realizing that before they took the job.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n275317 said:
I agree that they were doomed from the start, but it is their fault for not realizing that before they took the job.

Muschamp hired guys that would follow his philosophy, I didn't see them turning down the paychecks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n275314 said:
This is true. I'm still thinking Auburn sees the writing on the wall and this is a one-and-done year for Muschamp there. What a shame for all the moronic recruits who followed him there like the Pied Piper.

According to College FB Daily, Muschamp has asked Mulzhan to slow down the offense due to lack of depth on the defense.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n275319 said:
According to College FB Daily, Muschamp has asked Mulzhan to slow down the offense due to lack of depth on the defense.

:doh: Malzhan should tell him to pound sand and deal with it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n275322 said:
:doh: Malzhan should tell him to pound sand and deal with it.

:exactly:

Malzhan has been successful by having his offense go too fast for the defenses to keep up. Going the Muschamp way will kill Malzhan's career. He has to be smart enough to know that, right?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. So it's confirmed. Malzahn has signed his coaching death warrant in Auburn if he really goes along with this. He only has his job because of the overwhelming success of his signature offense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n275324 said:
Good God. So it's confirmed. Malzahn has signed his coaching death warrant in Auburn if he really goes along with this. He only has his job because of the overwhelming success of his signature offense.

I figured this to be a bad hire because Malzahn struck me as a more reserved coach. Muschump is a heavy personality and it will take someone with a spine to keep him under control. It looks like Malzahn is not that guy.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone give me just 1 good reason why we're debating the previous, completely incompetent doosh when it is clearly "Morning in Gatorland" under Mac? (apologies to the '84 Reagan campaign)

That asshat doesn't even deserve our condemnation and I can guarantee no new insights are even remotely possible.:deadhorse:

Ignore the ****er and enjoy watching him destroy the Barn (while silently wishing he'd gone home to the Humpers to wreck them).

We got us a bunch of masochists here... :lol2:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n275329 said:
I figured this to be a bad hire because Malzahn struck me as a more reserved coach. Muschump is a heavy personality and it will take someone with a spine to keep him under control. It looks like Malzahn is not that guy.

in Malzahn's defense, we don't know if he followed through with the request. Just the request has been bad. I think we will know the outcome once we are about half way through the season.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gatorbreath;n275331 said:
That asshat doesn't even deserve our condemnation and I can guarantee no new insights are even remotely possible.:deadhorse:

There are new insights each week. Unfortunately, all they do is shed light on how he hollowed out the program and crippled us.

Ignore the ****er and enjoy watching him destroy the Barn (while silently wishing he'd gone home to the Humpers to wreck them).

Now THAT would be deliciously awesome. If UGA finally gave up on Richt getting more than 9-10 wins a season and replaced him with Muscan't. I would giggle myself silly until I peed on the floor. However, I believe UGA is smarter than TENN, and even TENN wouldn't make the mistake on taking WM. They have other idiots to employ.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In Coach Mac we trust. You can already see that he has us going in the right direction. Florida Football is fun again. Go Gators!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n275343 said:
There are new insights each week. Unfortunately, all they do is shed light on how he hollowed out the program and crippled us.

Now THAT would be deliciously awesome. If UGA finally gave up on Richt getting more than 9-10 wins a season and replaced him with Muscan't. I would giggle myself silly until I peed on the floor. However, I believe UGA is smarter than TENN, and even TENN wouldn't make the mistake on taking WM. They have other idiots to employ.

He was 4-0 against UT, don't put it past them. They have hired Kiffin, Dooley (according to my wife, crazy eyes orange pants), and Butch. Would hiring Muschamp be that far off for them?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
oxrageous;n275324 said:
He's done this everywhere he's been and the results (losing) have been the same at each stop. This is just further proof that Muschamp is a narcissist who thinks his way is the only way. I'm personally going to enjoy sitting back and watching the train wreck unfold. #GoGators

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I'd love a link to that if you have it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n275369 said:
I'd love a link to that if you have it.

It was on ESPN, it's a television show. It was the round table of "experts" discussing it. Should be on WatchESPN as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.