Offense needs to improve creativity in 2017

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't know how much creativity would have helped last year. Like Spurrier would say "it's still their job to stop us".

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We need much better execution, not creativity can get in the way of execution when you have so complex of a system that the players can't execute it for thinking about what they are supposed to do. Now adjustments are not creativity at least in my view. And without context the original article is worthless. Sort of how percent of GDP is worthless.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The sign of a good offense is that the offense can gain yardage and score points even when the defense knows what you are going to do.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
That m'fer couldn't call cows with a 55 gallon drum of mollasses and a tractor trailer full of grain sorghum. Fact of business is exaclty what Omar said, we were warned the guy sucked; don't expect to see anything different this year. He doesn't look for mismatches, no timing route or at least if he does have them, his QB and WR just aren't on the same page. Our passing game is basically waiting for the secondary to blow an assignment and maybe we can get a big gain or even a TD.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need much better execution
Starting with the two people responsible for the offense.

article-1258613-04D8E2080000044D-824_224x369.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
While those are legitimate reasons for the struggles, I did come across one interesting statistic that caught my eye. In 2016, Florida’s offense was terrible to start games and even worse coming out for the third quarter.

This statistic points directly toward coaching. More specifically, I think it points toward play-calling and a predictable offense following adjustments made by the opposition.

This all day long.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One missing element to this offense is key in the type of offense it's designed be.....A blocking AND possession catching TE.
Not sure if anyone noticed back at the beginning of 2015 when we had WG how effective Jake McGee was on 3rd down.....He looked All Conference until WG was gone and that's the best the offense has looked in 7 years. Now add the blocking aspect into it and the defense can't cheat the numbers on running plays....Goolsby and the Lewis are nice change of pace TE's or good for 2 TE sets but are not foundation players at the position for Mac/Nuss offense....This along with even average QB play would resolve 40-50% of our offensive issues now that we have an improving line and a few skill position players aboard......

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The sign of a good offense is that the offense can gain yardage and score points even when the defense knows what you are going to do.

And we aren't Bama talent level to get an offense ranked in the 30s I think nationally playing in the SEC despite being very predictable like when they were the OCs at Bama.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska's offense in the mid 90's wasn't that "inventive" but they executed. They beat the defenses even when everyone in the nation knew where the ball was going and the 5 or 6 plays they were going to run. Our team lacks two things execution on all phases of the offense and a playcaller who calls the correct play for the situation. If we get a offensive line with average SEC quality execution it will change a lot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we aren't Bama talent level to get an offense ranked in the 30s I think nationally playing in the SEC despite being very predictable like when they were the OCs at Bama.
Yeah, having the most talent collected in history and finished in the mid30s is a failure also, as Saban made clear to Nusschump, but I guess it beats finishing 105th, 108th and 117th.

Imagine making that much money to be the one of the worst in the country at your job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.