Offensive Line recognition thread

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These guys played their asses off last night against one of the best defensive lines and individual players in the country. Props to the youngins.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine when they get a few years of weight room and playing experience? When those wasted plays we run now just to keep the defense honest become 7 yard gashes.

Moving Ivie to left guard was huge. He has struggled in pass pro at tackle but his is pretty good at run blocking. I never heard or read anything about this move. Moving Trip the one armed guard to center made Grier work on the snaps but made our interior OL much stronger. Dillard just hasn't done anything at center. Riles even looked better.

Winning in the SEC with three freshman and a true soph and a 1aa transfer on the line at times is the work of a magician. So I call him Magic Mac for now on.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Coach Summers is the real deal. I mean look at all these other teams with young o line. They aint playing as good as us! :chomp:

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for reminding me about the snaps. They need to work on those all week, Grier was lucky to pull some of those in.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think the key word is execute. They are doing what is ask of them and it shows in the short passing game. The running game may take awhile, probably next year imo, but at least we have some ammo in our gun for the first time in 6 years, we also have a very confident QB and when we do get our run game right it could be dominance.....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n290648 said:
Imagine when they get a few years of weight room and playing experience? When those wasted plays we run now just to keep the defense honest become 7 yard gashes.

Moving Ivie to left guard was huge. He has struggled in pass pro at tackle but his is pretty good at run blocking. I never heard or read anything about this move. Moving Trip the one armed guard to center made Grier work on the snaps but made our interior OL much stronger. Dillard just hasn't done anything at center. Riles even looked better.

Winning in the SEC with three freshman and a true soph and a 1aa transfer on the line at times is the work of a magician. So I call him Magic Mac for now on.
HE is a fckn genius is what he is. SOS came in and changed a culture completely. This guy has, too. ON BOTH side of the ball. Now who are we gonna say hired him :law:cause we know JF had nothing to do with it.........................Just messing with you cause it ALLLL GOOOD.......

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GatorBenji;n290650 said:
Coach Summers is the real deal. I mean look at all these other teams with young o line. They aint playing as good as us! :chomp:
The play of the game was one of his one handed grabs and in one motion makes a perfect handoff to KT. Natural athlete he is.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, our O line deserves a trophy! Young and playing as good as you could ask for really. This team is gonna be special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Law98gator;n290648 said:

I live close to Apopka High. All they did is demolish teams by running the ball. He was going to have a learning curve in pass pro. He's coming along nicely though considering he missed the begininng of the season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n290652 said:
Thanks for reminding me about the snaps. They need to work on those all week, Grier was lucky to pull some of those in.
Honestly, I don't know how Tripp is on the field. He basically has no rotator cuff or right shoulder. It's impossible for him to do a snap under center. His shoulder just won't do it. Those shotgun snaps were probably the best he can do.

I don't know whether or not Dillard was sick. He's just played poorly all year. Maybe he was sick or maybe we are going to try something else. Maybe we will see Tyler Jordan soon at center. Can we win adding one more freshman? I'm beyond opining. I've never seen anything like this before, anywhere. I've decided it's just Mac's Magic.

Tripp has become one of my favorite Gators ever. Holdover from Creyer's last class. Think of what he has lived through. It takes all the cortisone in the trainer's office just to get him on the field, but he's there. I'm sure if we had any depth whatsoever, he'd probably just have surgery and call it a career. He SHOULD have had surgery in the offseason but he didn't. He knows we MUST have him.

He's all Gator and an unsung hero. He deserves a statue somewhere.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Need to get a little stronger for the run game push but pass protection has shocked me actually so far considering how many new young guys are playing. This team is set up to be really good for the next couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.