Gator Basketball ***Official Basketball Game Thread: Gators vs Mizz***

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Saturday January 20 at 8pm on ESPNU (that much closer to playing on the Ocho!)

Gators 57.8% chance to win, seeing odds put us as 12.5/13.0 pt favorites. It's worth noting MIzz is 0-4 in conference and bottom of the early rankings (we are 10th at 1-3).

Mizz last 5 games
vs C Arkansas W 92-59
vs Georgia L 75-68
@ 6 Kentucky L 90-77
vs South Carolina L 71-69
@ Alabama L 93-75

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Just a thought, why not just one basketball thread for the entire season. seems silly we need a thread for each game with Lee4three having to update the score every five minutes and then nothing but complaining about how crappy we are as the game lingers on!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We're beatin' errbody, bring 'em on.

Got my tickets for the UGAy game the following weekend. Going to be in town so I'm going to see them play.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I always thought that the earlier a thread was started for an event meant there was tremendous excitement and interest in that upcoming game. Wednesday start thread for a Saturday night game. I had no idea men's basketball was on fire and headed to the final 4. :stirpot:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We should win comfortably. Golden has no trouble against bad teams. He’s just incapable of beating a ranked opponent.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Just a thought, why not just one basketball thread for the entire season. seems silly we need a thread for each game with Lee4three having to update the score every five minutes and then nothing but complaining about how crappy we are as the game lingers on!
Why not just let AI write the thread for us. Geez. Come on, Joe.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I always thought that the earlier a thread was started for an event meant there was tremendous excitement and interest in that upcoming game. Wednesday start thread for a Saturday night game. I had no idea men's basketball was on fire and headed to the final 4. :stirpot:
I thought the same thing FF. I'm, like, what I'd miss? Is there a Thursday night game? Did the drugs kick in and it's Saturday already? What happened? Why is Gatorchatter effing with my mind, man?

If we lose to Mizzou, I may just lose interest for the year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Source is the Gainesville Sun.

UF spends 8.8 million on the basketball program. That is 12th in the SEC. We are one of only 3 teams in all of college basketball that spends less than 10 million dollars. UK leads the SEC at 22 million dollars.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
This game could determine if we're one of the final four teams in or out of the tournament. Either way Golden is counting that as a trip to the Final 4. We'll get a banner to hang up and everything.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Source is the Gainesville Sun.

UF spends 8.8 million on the basketball program. That is 12th in the SEC. We are one of only 3 teams in all of college basketball that spends less than 10 million dollars. UK leads the SEC at 22 million dollars.

I can explain this.

During the Donovan era UF basketball was among the elite programs in the country and the only legitimate threat to the mighty wildcats in the SEC.

The success of the basketball program was throwing shade on the football program and more importantly on the women’s program. This was and still is unacceptable within the current culture.

Probably not true but why else would a “business” not invest in an area that was generating tremendous results?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We can’t play Richard and Micah starter minutes and expect to be consistent

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is down 6-5 at the under 16 timeout. Just slow on offense and no separation right now

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Down 14-11 at the under 12 timeout. Almost everything tough and contested on offense

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator