Gator Basketball ***Official BBALL Game Thread*** Florida vs Quinnipiac

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I watched the first half and then visited a friend. Im watching the 2nd half. We gotta give Riley Kuegel some love.
His 2nd have is killing it. The bigs are still doing well blocking and intimidating ..........THe interview with our golfer Billy Hoershel was cool.. Qunnipiac was 9 and 3
33pt lead at 8 minutes. Pretty impressive. I have said this but I like this team. They play team ball. And we have
D E P T H. I like GoldenDude. He gets after the refs and seems to be good at subbing good combinations If we could beat UK early it was be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. I hear they are loaded and playing lights out now;

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators played well today . Quinnipiac isn’t a bad team . Wouldn’t shock me if they won their league .

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Taped it, then watched when we got home (and knew the outcome).

Florida has made 9 3pters. Pullin with 3 and Richard with 4. Pullin's last 3 came from a between the legs pass on the fast break from Clayton

We gotta give Riley Kuegel some love.
His 2nd have is killing it.

Kuegel, who is now 0-fer-TOOMANY... I like that he still takes his shots, and as the announcers said, he tries to make a difference in the game in other ways. I don't know how much of the announcer hype on Kuegel's defence recently was trying to wish something positive for the guy, but this game he actually did play well despite continuing to miss 3's.

OTOH - this is the first time I've seen Zyon start, and that m'fer put a load of defenense on anyone he marked. That was impressive. Looked like it made Clayton step up more on his man as well. Riley off the bench and Zyon driving the game? Hell yes, gimme more. Samuel also had a quiet game (other than reaching 1k points in his career, YAY!), and simply made a difference in other ways. Finished 1 rebound short of a double-double. Overall, I'm liking this team more and more, and that is more a reflection of chemistry and capability than playing December cupcakes.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
THe interview with our golfer Billy Hoershel was cool

I've hear the name, but it was pretty cool to see him with his kid, and have him proclaiming what an all sport powerhouse we were, etc.

Ok get Billy Horschel out of here. Tired of the splitscreen

lmao...it did drag on a bit long. Then, I considered what a sht game it was and how the announcers were desperate for anything to talk about except the game as they'd used up all their extraneous bs talking points (even holding up notes given them by a coach? Who-t-f cares?!?!?).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Interested to see how we handle a hot KY coming in soon.

0dd.gif

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
This squad def has the offense to beat UK and other high level teams…just not sure we have the defense especially at the 3 pt line which will be severely tested against UK

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the first half and then visited a friend. Im watching the 2nd half. We gotta give Riley Kuegel some love.
His 2nd have is killing it. The bigs are still doing well blocking and intimidating ..........THe interview with our golfer Billy Hoershel was cool.. Qunnipiac was 9 and 3
33pt lead at 8 minutes. Pretty impressive. I have said this but I like this team. They play team ball. And we have
D E P T H. I like GoldenDude. He gets after the refs and seems to be good at subbing good combinations If we could beat UK early it was be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. I hear they are loaded and playing lights out now;

You sound like me during the game yesterday.
One of my many issues with CMW was his passive demeanor on the sidelines. Refs love passive coaches that never call them out.

Golden seems to know where the sweet spot is between riding the refs without becoming a lunatic like his mentor Pearl. Staying on their a$$es does influence the way the game is called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator