***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know about you, but the relief I felt when this game was officially announced was like a piano being lifted off my back. The very idea, the very thought that this thread may have been incorrect made my blood run cold. Good Christ I was sweating like crazy before the announcement, and was nearly in tears with relief when it was over.

I hope you fared better than I did.
Was gonna give this a like but it's really more deserving of a funny.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Great news everyone....tampons are on sale! Sport Compact style too!

See this I don’t get. Why would they ever run a discount special on such products? Are they trying to drum up business and get people to take care of a natural occurrence? Is there a concern at corporate that periods are becoming less frequent, or that women are starting to just let it roll with little to no concern for their appearance? I just don’t see the need to concede at all here.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I guess it would have made too much sense for us to play Penn State....ya, know #9 and #10 both with 10-2 records....Would have been a good chance to remind that p vssy Franklin why he ran away from this conference too while were taking back the half dozen recruits he poaches from this state every year......

Oh wait, what's that? Were scared and would rather play the #25 ranked team that starts a Midget not much taller than Urg in the DB.....
This is worse than the plague....
Dang dude... trying to set a stupidity record today?

Of course PSU would be a better game. I would love to play them. Hard pass on Wisky, UM, or Iowa though. Tired of that boring mess.

Was it PSU an option? It wasn’t? Who would’ve thought. Does that mean we should piss and moan about going to a great bowl against an opponent contractually required to be there?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
See this I don’t get. Why would they ever run a discount special on such products? Are they trying to drum up business and get people to take care of a natural occurrence? Is there a concern at corporate that periods are becoming less frequent, or that women are starting to just let it roll with little to no concern for their appearance? I just don’t see the need to concede at all here.
Drums up competition with other brands. Maybe you’ve been a tampax gal your whole life but you’ll give playtex a try this month since it’s half off. Next month, you remember that comfort and switch even though no discount.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dang dude... trying to set a stupidity record today?

Of course PSU would be a better game. I would love to play them. Hard pass on Wisky, UM, or Iowa though. Tired of that boring mess.

Was it PSU an option? It wasn’t? Who would’ve thought. Does that mean we should piss and moan about going to a great bowl against an opponent contractually required to be there?
You do know there is lobbying going on behind the scenes BEFORE these bowl match ups are made right? Anyone could/should have seen this bowl because of the tie in was a loser to begin with….Same thing with a coaching search....you don't wait until you fire the guy who's getting axed to start putting out feelers for a new guy....

All that's fine but what really bothers me is some are truly excited about this game simply because it is a sure win....You can't tell me that there will be ANY interest in this game outside our fanbase? I'll bet less than 10K Uvag fans bother to make the trip....Now change them out for ND....it would be 2nd only behind the NCG....

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
Nothing this year......
The real problem is that on this board 85% of people are happy about it....You wouldn't rather have a crack at ND....in front of an audience probably second to the NC game with their fan base....or get to beat ANY body other that Uvag?
I’m barely literate, but reading your posts have lowered my IQ at least 20 points. How do you propose we react to the news that we’re playing UVA this year in the Orange Bowl despite having no chance at a playoff. What the fuk is wrong with you? Who cares who we play at this point.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You do know there is lobbying going on behind the scenes BEFORE these bowl match ups are made right? Anyone could/should have seen this bowl because of the tie in was a loser to begin with….Same thing with a coaching search....you don't wait until you fire the guy who's getting axed to start putting out feelers for a new guy....

All that's fine but what really bothers me is some are truly excited about this game simply because it is a sure win....You can't tell me that there will be ANY interest in this game outside our fanbase? I'll bet less than 10K Uvag fans bother to make the trip....Now change them out for ND....it would be 2nd only behind the NCG....
As I told you, recruits will be. I live next to 4 D1 CU players. They’re jealous of the gift bags going to their friends on other teams, especially oregon. And 21 recruits will be watching to see how we use young guys.

Further - lobbying for what? All we could hope for was to jump UGA and go to the sugar or miss a NY6. The former wasn’t happening. The latter isn’t good for recruiting- regardless of opponent. No matter how’s you slice it, your wrong.

And a sure win isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Better than sure loss, right? Mullen has positioned us to be a big favorite. That’s good right? Recruits notice that too. My neighbors literally watch every game. You think recruits are different?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I’m barely literate, but reading your posts have lowered my IQ at least 20 points. How do you propose we react to the news that we’re playing UVA this year in the Orange Bowl despite having no chance at a playoff. What the fuk is wrong with you? Who cares who we play at this point.
Well hundreds of recruits for one and anyone who wants to take a step forward in the program....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator