Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ A&M

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Buzz probably has an alter for booby bowden in his man cave.

We still shoulda beat them by simply NOT slowing the offense down in the 2nd. If it's working, keep doing it. Don't disrupt the rhythm or you get a mike white result way too often.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I spent Saturday with my brother getting electric power and water run to the new pole barn at his fish camp. Three bay barn to park my RV under.

Now just need the trout to start biting in Waccasassa Bay.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That’s the worst team we’ve lost to this year by a wide margin.
That team beat number 12 Iowa St. and number 6 UK. They almost beat Ole Miss and number 4 Houston. This wasn't a bad loss at all. They are a solid basketball team at home.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That team beat number 12 Iowa St. and number 6 UK. They almost beat Ole Miss and number 4 Houston. This wasn't a bad loss at all. They are a solid basketball team at home.
The eye test says they are worse than their record, which also isn’t very good. Buzz can coach. They have a couple of scorers and play solid defense but we way out talent them by a wide margin. Especially our bigs. How many blocks did the Maulin’ Australian have? They had no answer for us inside but we waited too long to take advantage of that. Midrange and outside shots are great when they are falling, but Samuel shoots like 80% for a reason. They are mostly dunks. And trying to dribble out the clock then chucking up a prayer is a recipe for what we saw yesterday.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
That’s the worst team we’ve lost to this year by a wide margin. We have a lot of talent on this team, and pretty much everything you need to be a great team. Guard play with size, great assist to TO, depth and they can all score 20 plus any given game. Then we’re loaded at bigs and they all hustle and rebound. In other words, our talent is much better than our record. That leaves coaching as the only explanation. If Golden is going to work out he needs to figure it out now because he’s letting the players and fans down and he’s not going to be able to stack the roster every year if players see the best they can hope for by going to play for him is being on a team with top 25 talent but struggling to stay on the bubble.

I’d split the blame for this loss equally between coaching and poor execution. Fumbling a sure laying or dunk, misses and putbacks missed at point blank range, unforced turnovers, and 3-point shooters losing their confidence to take wide open shots are not coaching issues, but execution issues. Hitting the brakes was a coaching issue. Not having a plan to handle a zone defense is a coaching issue. These all contributed to the loss. Talent is what kept us in it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’d split the blame for this loss equally between coaching and poor execution. Fumbling a sure laying or dunk, misses and putbacks missed at point blank range, unforced turnovers, and 3-point shooters losing their confidence to take wide open shots are not coaching issues, but execution issues. Hitting the brakes was a coaching issue. Not having a plan to handle a zone defense is a coaching issue. These all contributed to the loss. Talent is what kept us in it.
I can agree with that. For whatever reason Condon has all but lost his ability to put the ball through the hoop the last few games. But his rebounding and shot blocking is great. He just has to find his touch a little bit more on his shots around the basket. And I really think we need more from Hand lotion offensively. He again is solid rebounding and blocks but his offense is pretty much limited to put backs. He’s so big and pretty athletic so there’s no excuse for him to have virtually no offensive game if it’s not an alley oop, put back or occasional 3. Samuel just needs to stop shooting 3’s and take on a leadership role by getting in the guards faces and demanding the rock when it’s clear he is a mismatch for the players trying to guard him. It’s frustrating because we are so close to being really good.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I
We've been a bubble team or worse every year except one since Billy left. I'm in the same boat as you. I've watched maybe 2 or 3 games. I just don't care anymore. I'm not even mad. It's weird.
I hear you. I feel the same way. It's rather sad.

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The eye test says they are worse than their record, which also isn’t very good. Buzz can coach. They have a couple of scorers and play solid defense but we way out talent them by a wide margin. Especially our bigs. How many blocks did the Maulin’ Australian have? They had no answer for us inside but we waited too long to take advantage of that. Midrange and outside shots are great when they are falling, but Samuel shoots like 80% for a reason. They are mostly dunks. And trying to dribble out the clock then chucking up a prayer is a recipe for what we saw yesterday.
aTm has a ton of bigs and are currently the #1 offensive rebounding team in the league, just ahead of the Gators who have been killing it on the boards. They aren't winning enough to make the tourney, but the refs sure helped keep them in the conversation.

We need someone besides Pullin who can get a bucket at the end of games. I like Samuel in those situations, but his game was off Saturday. aTm had a ton of bigs and actually matched our stable of talls. The way Kugel was playing Saturday, I might have gone to him late in the game. Hopefully we get back on track this week.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
aTm has a ton of bigs and are currently the #1 offensive rebounding team in the league, just ahead of the Gators who have been killing it on the boards. They aren't winning enough to make the tourney, but the refs sure helped keep them in the conversation.

We need someone besides Pullin who can get a bucket at the end of games. I like Samuel in those situations, but his game was off Saturday. aTm had a ton of bigs and actually matched our stable of talls. The way Kugel was playing Saturday, I might have gone to him late in the game. Hopefully we get back on track this week.
I know their stats but they absolutely don’t have bigs anywhere close to match up with us. They give up 2-3 inches at every position. It was an embarrassing loss and one that could come back to haunt us. We shiit the bed, plain and simple.

The ton of bigs you are talking about are 6’6 and 6’7. They have one 6’11 guy and he played all of 6 minutes or something. And their guards are like 6 foot in lifts. You watched the game right? If you couldn’t see we towered over them, get a bigger 4k TV lol.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Bracket Matrix has UF as a #10 and A&M as an #11. That was updated Feb 2nd. It's possible those are switched now.

Lunardi has AM in the first 4 in and UF the first team out.

We'll need to have a strong February/March with wins vs Auburn and Bama. We play Bama twice, so we have to split. Do that and I think we'll make it in. It'd be nice to win @ SC as well.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
When the Gators play 100% of the game, we win! But for some reason we either start slow or finish slower. au is up next followed by lsu, and both are at our house. We gotta start playing complete games for our home team fans! The Gators did it away it ky, now, we need to protect our house! These are important games before we travel to athens and tuscaloosa.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I know their stats but they absolutely don’t have bigs anywhere close to match up with us. They give up 2-3 inches at every position. It was an embarrassing loss and one that could come back to haunt us. We shiit the bed, plain and simple.

The ton of bigs you are talking about are 6’6 and 6’7. They have one 6’11 guy and he played all of 6 minutes or something. And their guards are like 6 foot in lifts. You watched the game right? If you couldn’t see we towered over them, get a bigger 4k TV lol.
Six-ten with the afro, bro

Garcia killed us on the glass. Rebounding is about want to as much as it is about height.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If your 2 best shooters can’t hit last second 6-8 foot wide open jump shots for the win by one, you deserve to lose.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Lunardi now has UF in the last 4 in and bracket matrix as an 11 seed. Every year one of the last 4 in has gone on a nice run....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.