Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida at FSU

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Congrats to our Gators and new Golden Coach! I hate fsu was beginning to think I'd never see us win in Tallacrappy again

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take the W, especially over fsu. Love seeing them 0-4, great early Christmas gift.

We gotta get Jones off the floor though. He’s unplayable.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great to Win!!!!!!!

FSU sucks big time........ Tempers my celebration..

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I watched most of game in a bar until they closed, then listened to last 8 min on radio. Just for fun after game I went back and read every comment this thread. Now I have vertigo.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_ovbactiUP41vbcnq8o1_500.gifv

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
And yet somehow White magically got the Gators to 4 NCAA Basketball Tournaments Including an Elite 8.
4 ncaa berths in 8 years… WOW! I luvs me some mediocrity. I sure wish he was still here looking perplexed and feeling like a victim because mean fans criticize him. I sure miss losing to FSU. Mikey come back!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Glad to see they battled back but I just could t watch anymore. Maybe I’m bad luck?
That was me, also. I told the wife Im going to bed after that first half. The worst half of basketball I can ever remember. Fla was helpless out there. She comes to bed and say we won by nine. I am like, "we outscored them by 30 in the 2nd half after that putrid mess the first 20 minutes. NFW. Golden must have made the greatest half time speech in history.
Poor Hamilton must think God is calling him home or at least away from slimynoleville

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That was me, also. I told the wife Im going to bed after that first half. The worst half of basketball I can ever remember. Fla was helpless out there. She comes to bed and say we won by nine. I am like, "we outscored them by 30 in the 2nd half after that putrid mess the first 20 minutes. NFW. Golden must have made the greatest half time speech in history.
Poor Hamilton must think God is calling him home or at least away from slimynoleville
I missed the first half, saw the halftime score and almost chose to bypass the game entirely. Glad I tuned in.

A couple of things jumped out at me.

1. This team seems to have more energy & aggression than I’ve seen in awhile, on offense and defense. Fudge’s dunk was stellar.

2. f$u is horrible. They looked inept and lost. I cannot imagine how listless we must have been in the first half to go down by 19. I heard the announcers say some things about the semis being down to 7 scholarship players. They may well lose their next game to Mercer. And I have no idea about Mercer.

That said, we seem to have some really good pieces. Hopefully they will come together and sync as the season progresses.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FSU could not miss in the first half. From 3 anyway. They were switching on Def. and contested every shot. It must have been night and day with the 2nd half. Calling us listless in the first half is being kind.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The mood swings in the thread are hilarious and classic. We go from getting trashed to completely dominating the 2nd half. Great coaching adjustments at halftime by The Golden Boy to pull out this huge win over FSU. Yes FSU is 0-4 now but considering what FSU has done to us the previous 8 games, we now have a 2 game winning streak against FSU which is huge for our program. Go Gators!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Any win over the Evil Nole is a good win, even in tiddlywinks.

That being said, Golden Showers is a sham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator