Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida at Georgia

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Georgia tonight at 7 PM EST on ESPNU. Must win game. Gonna have to actually show up and fight unlike the first half against Tennesee.

Go Gators!!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UGa not any good. Hope we play up to their caliber?... 7-PM ESPNU ... in Athens.

UGa 14-14 ... (4-11) ..... 76.1 ppg ... UF ... 72.1 ppg

Pesky Edwards .... 19.5 ppg
Hammonds .... 12.4 ppg

UGa yields 15 TO/g.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TOUGH game on the road again. Could be another Tenn type game. UGA scores alot of points but doesn't play alot of defense so if we go into scoring droughts like we usually do then it could be another 22 point lead or more for UGA. UGA on their home court and VERY HUNGRY like Tenn for a win to bolster their resume. TOUGH and DANGEROUS team once again for us.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I don't believe they will be as physical as ut but they can get hot and shoot the lights out. They can also be like us and have a drought, doubt that will happen at home. They will play their best game and we must do the same. I believe we will, GO GATORS!

Last edited:

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
TOUGH game on the road again. Could be another Tenn type game. UGA scores alot of points but doesn't play alot of defense so if we go into scoring droughts like we usually do then it could be another 22 point lead or more for UGA. UGA on their home court and VERY HUNGRY like Tenn for a win to bolster their resume. TOUGH and DANGEROUS team once again for us.

The fact that we tremble over playing a team winning half their games playing in a down year for the SEC says a lot about the state of our program. Anything less than flushing them out of their own filthy dog pen with a fire hose is a crushing disappointment.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The fact that we tremble over playing a team winning half their games playing in a down year for the SEC says a lot about the state of our program. Anything less than flushing them out of their own filthy dog pen with a fire hose is a crushing disappointment.

Normally yes, but they do have the number 1 pick in the NBA draft and we struggled to defend him the first game. Gonna be tough if we struggle with him again

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Normally yes, but they do have the number 1 pick in the NBA draft and we struggled to defend him the first game. Gonna be tough if we struggle with him again

Of course. But they have lost half their games, so there’s a blueprint. Based on matchups and talent we should easily out score them. I hope we see offensive tempo like we had against 2nd half in Gainesville and against LSU. Nembhard (and Keyonte) need to push pace and assert their will, dishing to Blackshear, Mann, and Locke when open. I hope Scottie shows what we saw vs LSU too. Come at their weak D from all angles relentlessly for two halves. This is a team we can ‘out athlete.’

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UGA is playing at home and has the projected #1 draft pick and we have zero projected draft picks so it doesn't matter how many games UGA has lost. Road games in college basketball have been TOUGH for all teams across the nation. Just ask 5* U Duke who was an 11 point favorite on the road @Wake who is 12-15 and TERRIBLE. ANYTHING can happen on the road.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I have no real source but I have heard some scuttlebuttt that Payne has worked hard in practice defensively and may get some increased minutes tonight. No idea if accurate but if true I would expect a good performance out of him. It would be nice heading into the tournament.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
UGA is playing at home and has the projected #1 draft pick and we have zero projected draft picks so it doesn't matter how many games UGA has lost. Road games in college basketball have been TOUGH for all teams across the nation. Just ask 5* U Duke who was an 11 point favorite on the road @Wake who is 12-15 and TERRIBLE. ANYTHING can happen on the road.
We have like 3-5 projected draft picks

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I have no real source but I have heard some scuttlebuttt that Payne has worked hard in practice defensively and may get some increased minutes tonight. No idea if accurate but if true I would expect a good performance out of him. It would be nice heading into the tournament.
Hope its accurate

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. But they have lost half their games, so there’s a blueprint. Based on matchups and talent we should easily out score them. I hope we see offensive tempo like we had against 2nd half in Gainesville and against LSU. Nembhard (and Keyonte) need to push pace and assert their will, dishing to Blackshear, Mann, and Locke when open. I hope Scottie shows what we saw vs LSU too. Come at their weak D from all angles relentlessly for two halves. This is a team we can ‘out athlete.’

Blueprint?

Match ups?

Allow me to introduce you to Coach Mike White so you can walk him through these cutting edge concepts you mentioned

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I sure hope so. I really like his potential but I am concerned that he may be looking around after the season given his status in Coach White’s doghouse.
I would prefer to keep him and put White in the transfer portal

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I sure hope so. I really like his potential but I am concerned that he may be looking around after the season given his status in Coach White’s doghouse.
I would prefer to keep him and put White in the transfer portal

Ive stated before it doesn’t make sense for him to transfer unless he does not see himself in the NBA after next year. To sit out a year and then play somewhere else just delays his route. He may well be a 3 or 4 year guy anyway.

I think he’ll be ok once he gets back on the court. The question is how soon will that be? He’s not the first freshman to struggle defensively. Hopefully he is ready.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
White ends it in a blaze of non-glory.....roster to portal

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say it, but tonight might be do or die for Mike White.

You would be wrong
Unfortunately, CMW isn’t going anywhere for at least another year. There’s no way they make a change any time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator