Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida at Georgia

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Probably, but not for sure. Lunardi only has us as a 9 seed. We lose the last two games, plus have some teams win their conference tourneys who aren't supposed to, and we could get pushed out. It is unlikely, but it has happened to teams before. The way we can be sure is to beat UK or win a sec tourney game or two.
Looney lunardi. Who cares

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I’m not following the logic. He’s in his 9th year as a head coach, 5th at UF. He is what he is, but anyone can improve I guess. Would be odd to see a sudden leap into Rhodes Scholar excellence after 8 years of C- grades with one random year making an A.
Fifth year at a real big time program. Nine years is a while though, maybe a junior.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not following the logic. He’s in his 9th year as a head coach, 5th at UF. He is what he is, but anyone can improve I guess. Would be odd to see a sudden leap into Rhodes Scholar excellence after 8 years of C- grades with one random year making an A.

The measure to use = can UF hire an HC that will do these things better than White is doing:
1) instill more energy and positive drive into youngsters
2) sees a flaw and "trains" it out of the whole team
3) speaks loudly in stentorian commands
4) wipes out any confusion in his players' minds
5) works at courtside so forcefully that his players know he's with them
6) many at GC can design a better HC than White

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Is Anthony Grant a counter example? How do we explain his success everywhere but Bama. Or maybe explain his lack of success at Bama

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The measure to use = can UF hire an HC that will do these things better than White is doing:
1) instill more energy and positive drive into youngsters
2) sees a flaw and "trains" it out of the whole team
3) speaks loudly in stentorian commands
4) wipes out any confusion in his players' minds
5) works at courtside so forcefully that his players know he's with them
6) many at GC can design a better HC than White
3 and 5 -- Coach K?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm putting the best face on this I can. I don't believe Mike White will be fired no matter what happens unless you have something on video. He and his family are too connected in the woke college athletic world. He probably tapes the lacrosse games. Therefore he is young and maybe he will improve with experience on the job. I'm a Gator and believe we win every game regardless of the circumstances, therfore I'm hoping for the outside chance of a Sweet Sixteen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After we got whupped by UT, I couldn't see how. Is White putting our best team combo on the court?
I cannot believe our best excludes Omar Payne, with his wingspan and 6'11" height? Anybody think White's treatment of him is molding him into a better college basketball player. I can see Jitoboh getting the benefit of the doubt.?? I like Jitoboh getting developmental PT. Where's Payne's benefit of the doubt? His PT? White needs to rush getting these guys tournament ready. Does White know how to rush-push, or does he just know the family AD pace?

Go Gators - beat UK. We're watching.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
After we got whupped by UT, I couldn't see how. Is White putting our best team combo on the court?
I cannot believe our best excludes Omar Payne, with his wingspan and 6'11" height? Anybody think White's treatment of him is molding him into a better college basketball player. I can see Jitoboh getting the benefit of the doubt.?? I like Jitoboh getting developmental PT. Where's Payne's benefit of the doubt? His PT? White needs to rush getting these guys tournament ready. Does White know how to rush-push, or does he just know the family AD pace?

Go Gators - beat UK. We're watching.

What do we know about Payne’s and Jitoboh’s practice habits? Attitudes? Class attendance? Grades? I know nothing about any of those.

I do know that White has been very willing to play freshmen Lewis, Mann, Jitoboh and Glover....often extended minutes. He starts 3 young sophomores. So clearly he is not a coach adverse to playing the young guys.

What’s different about these 7 and Payne? Whatever it is.....that’s your answer as to why he’s not getting the minutes because he has real potential. I think you have to know what’s going on behind the scenes before making any judgement. Maybe there’s no attitude issue at all....maybe Jitoboh is simply outplaying him everyday in practice.

I’m a big Payne fan and I think Jitoboh is very raw but I have no idea what’s happening in practice.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
What do we know about Payne’s and Jitoboh’s practice habits? Attitudes? Class attendance? Grades? I know nothing about any of those.

I do know that White has been very willing to play freshmen Lewis, Mann, Jitoboh and Glover....often extended minutes. He starts 3 young sophomores. So clearly he is not a coach adverse to playing the young guys.

What’s different about these 7 and Payne? Whatever it is.....that’s your answer as to why he’s not getting the minutes because he has real potential. I think you have to know what’s going on behind the scenes before making any judgement. Maybe there’s no attitude issue at all....maybe Jitoboh is simply outplaying him everyday in practice.

I’m a big Payne fan and I think Jitoboh is very raw but I have no idea what’s happening in practice.
This

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the idea of UF starting to gather some near 7' inside athletes. Without those, our game-style will not progress to any prowess.
IMO, White is not a true believer in "inside dominance" and so that hurts our future. I do not trust that White will ever see as ideal a BBall team where has his top respect and expectations for "big-men". I root for the best my Gators can attain. So I'm lost and I vacillate from yeah to boo.
This collection of top-notch athletes will not come to UF often.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Is Anthony Grant a counter example? How do we explain his success everywhere but Bama. Or maybe explain his lack of success at Bama

Not sure. I really haven’t followed Grant much since he left UF. I do know he was a helluva coach and critical part of BDs staff. Bama isn’t exactly a basketball blue blood and I imagine is a tough sell. What’s his recruiting pitch? “We’ve won nothing, but come play in front of a bunch of people who really only care about football and wouldn’t let you date their daughters.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator