Aug 14, 2018
What Would @MJMGator Do?

giphy.gif

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Two quick thoughts:
I’ve noticed over the last 2-3 years as the program continues it’s decline that the “Billy Donovan Court” logo has gotten larger and larger each year.

The UAA should consider shrinking it if not eliminating it all together if they insist on keeping this clown coach. Seeing Billy’s name is a constant reminder of how far the program has fallen not to mention the potential for Donovan to request it’s removal to avoid any further slander to his name.

Second, as recently as a year ago there were still people (not compromised sports writers) that were still finding a way to defend CMW, are any of you still out there or have even you accepted reality?
Here's another thought about our eroding legacy. Quit showing empty stadium seats behind the bench and scorers table. If you don't fill your seat by 5mins into the first half, Any Gator fan present should be able to occupy them. Year after year, it looks like we play in a half-filled arena with no energy.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's another thought about our eroding legacy. Quit showing empty stadium seats behind the bench and scorers table. If you don't fill your seat by 5mins into the first half, Any Gator fan present should be able to occupy them. Year after year, it looks like we play in a half-filled arena with no energy.

I can tell you from personal knowledge the reasons why those seats are always empty.

When the remodel was done the UAA made a definitive effort to eliminate all of the long-standing boosters in that section in favor of casual fans known as Bull Gators.

They were able to complete this by installing a bogus point system that minimized the value of decades of loyalty in favor of “Johnny Come Lately” money boys who wanted to see and be seen during what they thought would be the ongoing glory days of the basketball program.

Unfortunately for both parties, things haven’t played out the way they planned.
The Bull Gators are paying ridiculous amounts of cash each season ($2,500-3,000/seat) for the pleasure of watching a mediocre program that includes watching them lose 4-5 home games each season which has chased off many of the front runners.
The remaining ticket holders either spend the majority of the game drinking in the club upstairs or staying home for most games since many of the seats are charged to their businesses.

The end result is that the viewing public sees the best seats in the building empty with the few fans that are visible looking like they are suicidal.
Having been one of the fans they removed after 36 years, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed watching both parties get screwed since greed was placed in front of loyalty throughout the process.

I have also gotten joy from the fact that the UAA has reached out to me to see if I would be interested in returning.
Both parties can collectively enjoy watching CMW destroy the program that it took 20 years to build.

If I sound bitter it’s because I am bitter. I am bitter about losing my seats but I am much more bitter about the demise of the program that I love.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DGD, you have every right to be bittermost. Disloyalty never should be allowed to ambush & weigh lay longtime faithful fans. Besides in this marketing world, those telecast reptile seats must be reserved for local Hooters employees (working their way through to their MD degrees).

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can tell you from personal knowledge the reasons why those seats are always empty.

When the remodel was done the UAA made a definitive effort to eliminate all of the long-standing boosters in that section in favor of casual fans known as Bull Gators.

They were able to complete this by installing a bogus point system that minimized the value of decades of loyalty in favor of “Johnny Come Lately” money boys who wanted to see and be seen during what they thought would be the ongoing glory days of the basketball program.

Unfortunately for both parties, things haven’t played out the way they planned.
The Bull Gators are paying ridiculous amounts of cash each season ($2,500-3,000/seat) for the pleasure of watching a mediocre program that includes watching them lose 4-5 home games each season which has chased off many of the front runners.
The remaining ticket holders either spend the majority of the game drinking in the club upstairs or staying home for most games since many of the seats are charged to their businesses.

The end result is that the viewing public sees the best seats in the building empty with the few fans that are visible looking like they are suicidal.
Having been one of the fans they removed after 36 years, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed watching both parties get screwed since greed was placed in front of loyalty throughout the process.

I have also gotten joy from the fact that the UAA has reached out to me to see if I would be interested in returning.
Both parties can collectively enjoy watching CMW destroy the program that it took 20 years to build.

If I sound bitter it’s because I am bitter. I am bitter about losing my seats but I am much more bitter about the demise of the program that I love.

Great summary. IIRC, they did the same stuff in football. In addition, they totally missed the mark in the remodel to put the Rowdy Reptiles on the other side of the court so they be the ones seen on tv. Like Cameron Indoor.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Great summary. IIRC, they did the same stuff in football. In addition, they totally missed the mark in the remodel to put the Rowdy Reptiles on the other side of the court so they be the ones seen on tv. Like Cameron Indoor.
Im a. Little scared to see what’s coming to the south Endzone, been in chairbacks there since 84, now they are talking about an upgrade to make it more like north endzone which would price me out . Oh well .
Im speaking of Ben Hill of courses.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

I have concluded they most of the folks in charge of these decisions in our athletic program need their azzes whipped and then have a headset implanted to their skulls put in a Zaxbys or Sonnys drive window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator