Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs California

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The transfer portal appears to be a career saver for CMW.
White can now recruit a group of mature and disciplined players that somebody else developed and take advantage of their games.

This approach seems to enhance his coaching strengths while minimizing his inability to develop players. The only challenge will be the need to duplicate the portal recruiting success year after year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Smart tourism bureau, Fort Meyers BBall tournament to pictorially advertise their beaches to Yankees stuck in cold weather & grey skies.

we were traditionally in the Sunrise tournament on the east coast. Same early season tourney, diff location.

See Jitoboh run. See his shooter's touch. We need him to develop as an inside force.

I didn’t see ‘Boh do anything first half, didn’t seem like much playing time but I was only half watching. Second half, again limited minutes but it felt like a big piece of meat just throwing crap at the backboard hoping it fell in. Maybe it was just me.

This doesn’t look anything like a Mike White coached team.

They are relentless on defense like usual but they actually look like they can play offense.

let’s give it time. White has repeatedly killed my hopes, the players dreams, and the student moral every year. Let’s see if this group of transfers can overcome the Mike White Effect. For now, though, I’m going to enjoy the energy this team is bringing.

have to say, tOSU upset Seton Hall, and I’m glad we face them in the final. Love to win by 30+, but will take any win over them.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The transfer portal appears to be a career saver for CMW.
White can now recruit a group of mature and disciplined players that somebody else developed and take advantage of their games.

This approach seems to enhance his coaching strengths while minimizing his inability to develop players. The only challenge will be the need to duplicate the portal recruiting success year after year.

I see it differently. Castleton, Durugi and Appleby have all improved since arriving here. What is exposed is MW’s inability to assess high school players properly. He’s recruited guys with 4/5 stars but one look you could see they were highly overrated. The whole group that fled was overrated. Mann was a great recruit but developed tremendously from his freshman to sophomore year.

The portal gives a better opportunity to see what a players real talent is rather than inflated high school stats and run n’ gun travel ball. This overcomes a big MW deficiency. How he watched some of the previous group and thought they could play at this level blows me away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator