Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs FSU

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Even more impressive learning that we had guys playing sick. Fleming was vomiting all night Saturday and getting an IV pregame. Appleby left mid game to vomit only to return to the court. I suspect others on the bench didn’t play much due to possible symptoms. 6 guys took nearly all the minutes. True grit.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even more impressive learning that we had guys playing sick. Fleming was vomiting all night Saturday and getting an IV pregame. Appleby left mid game to vomit only to return to the court. I suspect others on the bench didn’t play much due to possible symptoms. 6 guys took nearly all the minutes. True grit.
Maybe they got the flu from the guys on the football team, all of whom used that sht as an excuse to play like girls against South Carolina. Does anybody else get the impression that comparing the basketball team to the football team is like comparing Donald Trump to Kamala Harris?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My one worry after watching the game? Was this effort because we will be a good team this season? Or, is all that effort because they were tired of losing to clowns? Can Whitey motivate these guys to give that kind of effort all season long?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
8 years is way to long to wait for this one. I am relieved and happy and eff the clowns.

The big concern I have going forward is bench play. We'll need some more production off the bench.

Duruji may be the glue guy. He reminds me of Will Yuegete, with a better offensive game.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Proud of our guys; noles have 4, 7+ feet guys (one is 7'4") and 7 senior players (several of their seniors are in their 5th year), and we owned them! Castleton was the leading rebounder with 16 including 8 offensive rebounds; noles had 9 offensive boards as a team. Rebounding gave us 16 second chance points to the noles 5. Geat win for our team!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My one worry after watching the game? Was this effort because we will be a good team this season? Or, is all that effort because they were tired of losing to clowns? Can Whitey motivate these guys to give that kind of effort all season long?
Considering that half of the team just transferred in during the off-season, it's hard to imagine they are just tired of losing to the clowns.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Proud of our guys; noles have 4, 7+ feet guys (one is 7'4") and 7 senior players (several of their seniors are in their 5th year), and we owned them! Castleton was the leading rebounder with 16 including 8 offensive rebounds; noles had 9 offensive boards as a team. Rebounding gave us 16 second chance points to the noles 5. Geat win for our team!
It was. I hope it's not our only win over noles this month.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I agree that this team seems to embody many of the attributes missing from the program for several years.
I am trying not to get excited yet since it was just one game but some good news in the athletic program is desperately needed.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I agree that this team seems to embody many of the attributes missing from the program for several years.
I am trying not to get excited yet since it was just one game but some good news in the athletic program is desperately needed.

Agree….don’t want to get too hyped. But grit and fight can get you through some dog days in a far away gym when the shots are not falling. Mental and physical toughness can overcome adversity.

It remains to be seen whether the guys that came in are any more talented than the ones who left. But they damn sure look tougher.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good Win!
Did a Goodwin transfer in.?

It remains to be seen whether the guys that came in are any more talented than the ones who left. But they damn sure look tougher.
Perhaps other coaches instilled all that, foundationally in their formative years? White should look into getting a transfer coach who instills what MW cannot.? ... keep rolling Gators -- teach each other together, every step of the way. Win, celebrate, and grow.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Did a Goodwin transfer in.?

Perhaps other coaches instilled all that, foundationally in their formative years? White should look into getting a transfer coach who instills what MW cannot.? ... keep rolling Gators -- teach each other together, every step of the way. Win, celebrate, and grow.

We did get some new assistant coaches this season.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Agree….don’t want to get too hyped. But grit and fight can get you through some dog days in a far away gym when the shots are not falling. Mental and physical toughness can overcome adversity.

It is early, right? They played a couple of games? This is also not according to rankings the same kind of fsu team they fielded recently. No? Regardless, to hell with FSU. Good win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We did get some new assistant coaches this season.

Was that via coaches going elsewhere or did White do some constructive firing? trying to build something.?
I hope it was White recognizing the need for improvement and taking action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator