Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Texas A&M

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I have no idea what's going on with this team--there's no fight, poor discipline, little effort, token platitudes being offered to fans/media, and absolutely nothing to look forward to.

Castleton has his limitations--but he has strengths too and it seems like those have regressed. No player has improved that I can tell.

And while I'm loathe to blame officials for every loss--yesterday's debacle had a LOT to do with extremely poor officiating. Those clowns should never ref in this conference again.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I have no idea what's going on with this team--there's no fight, poor discipline, little effort, token platitudes being offered to fans/media, and absolutely nothing to look forward to.

Castleton has his limitations--but he has strengths too and it seems like those have regressed. No player has improved that I can tell.

And while I'm loathe to blame officials for every loss--yesterday's debacle had a LOT to do with extremely poor officiating. Those clowns should never ref in this conference again.
I remember my 8th grade year, our PE class was much the same and later I realized it was because our PE teacher looked to be about 15, right out of school and was pretty much a puzzy.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Lets all just kill ourselves...................I hear the Tennis and Track teams are gonna be very good..........

and that team had such great talent. The Devoe debacle was a bad decision times 100.

Scott Stewart
Dwayne DavisJRC6-712.3 Pts, 8.5 Reb, 1.3 Ast
Renaldo GarciaJRG6-211.6 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 2.4 Ast
Stacey PooleFRF6-610.0 Pts, 4.3 Reb, 1.1 Ast
Dwayne SchintziusSRC7-119.1 Pts, 9.5 Reb, 1.4 Ast
Hosie GrimsleyFRG6-45.9 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 1.6 Ast
Livingston ChatmanJRF6-712.6 Pts, 7.0 Reb, 3.7 Ast
My senior year in highschool Poole was a Sophomore, really good player and super nice guy.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pssst.
Its not the refs.
Its Not GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Pssst.
Its not the refs.

Our record has nothing to do with the refs, to be clear. This is not a good team and we don't have a good coach from what I've seen.

But you can't sit here and say the refs had no bearing on yesterday's contest when it was a close game and numerous calls went against us throughout the course of the game that were outright highway robbery.

We still would have likely lost yesterday's contest even without the officials; but that doesn't excuse their piss-poor performance. My main goal in complaining isn't that they "cost" us the game (though there's certainly merit to that statement), it's to improve the conference as a whole. Those guys don't deserve to be officiating at this level, period. Don't care if it's Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, or Ole Miss that they're reffing, that crew shouldn't get SEC games again after that performance.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
1989-90. 7-21. Don DeVoe.

One of those wins that season was against LSU with Shaq, an absolute miracle.
I was at that game. Devoe announced beforehand he would not be back. We played like a team possessed. A hugely gratifying victory in my senior year.

It should also be noted that Norm Sloan won Gators 1st SEC title the year before with largely the same team. Devoe was as bad as we've had. At least until now...

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Stricklin proving himself to be an average AD at best but hey....at least we are spending millions on new facilities!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lets all just kill ourselves...................I hear the Tennis and Track teams are gonna be very good..........

and that team had such great talent. The Devoe debacle was a bad decision times 100.

Scott Stewart
Dwayne DavisJRC6-712.3 Pts, 8.5 Reb, 1.3 Ast
Renaldo GarciaJRG6-211.6 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 2.4 Ast
Stacey PooleFRF6-610.0 Pts, 4.3 Reb, 1.1 Ast
Dwayne SchintziusSRC7-119.1 Pts, 9.5 Reb, 1.4 Ast
Hosie GrimsleyFRG6-45.9 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 1.6 Ast
Livingston ChatmanJRF6-712.6 Pts, 7.0 Reb, 3.7 Ast
We can credit Bill Arnsparger with that stroke of genius. I imagine the team probably needed a little firmer hand after Stormin’ Norman’s departure, but an old school drill sergeant was too much. I’d have liked to have seen this roster play under better circumstances and intact.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Say what you want about Foley and the way things allegedly ended with SOS....he hired Walton, Sully, Billy and Urban....IMO one of the best to ever do it

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Say what you want about Foley and the way things allegedly ended with SOS....he hired Walton, Sully, Billy and Urban....IMO one of the best to ever do it
Let's just say Fooley was employed by UF when Leyer was hired. He served as errand boy for that particular transaction. The others I see you, but I raise you Zook, Muscrat, Butters, Mike. Three of those 4 hires are in the most important thing that UF has and he failed MISERABLY. He is also solely responsible for us being 20 + years behind on facilities. Lastly, he has been an "advisor" on the hires of Cousin Eddie, Golden Shower, yet still has a parking place and an office.

IMO one of the Worst Ever to do it!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason Castleton is targeted and picked on by the refs EVERY SINGLE game. You can see it in his eyes when he plays and gets called for unbelievable nonsense calls. He is like WTF and the Golden boy yells and yells at the refs and discusses it all with them and we still don't get the calls.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What I saw last night that was the difference was the complete sense of urgency that TAMU played with from start to finish.
Yes, we didn’t shoot well at all and I agree that we didn’t exactly enjoy any home cooking from the refs but the opponent wanted it more.

I remember when we were the team that out hustled and outplayed people in these types of games but now I see it from our opponents.

TAMU won every 50/50 rebound and secured every 50/50 loose ball. This is the formula that always wins and we don’t have have it right now.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our team sucks plain and simple . There should be no excuses for this constant poor play yet here we are . Can’t stand this crap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White's going in dry here pretty soon. All the white haters are gonna really enjoy this one

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Let's just say Fooley was employed by UF when Leyer was hired. He served as errand boy for that particular transaction. The others I see you, but I raise you Zook, Muscrat, Butters, Mike. Three of those 4 hires are in the most important thing that UF has and he failed MISERABLY. He is also solely responsible for us being 20 + years behind on facilities. Lastly, he has been an "advisor" on the hires of Cousin Eddie, Golden Shower, yet still has a parking place and an office.

IMO one of the Worst Ever to do it!

I agree he for sure had some bad hires to go with the good ones but what AD doesn’t? Plus we are the only school I believe to have a natty in football, baseball, and basketball, and softball…all Foley hires…..who is golden shower?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
For some reason Castleton is targeted and picked on by the refs EVERY SINGLE game. You can see it in his eyes when he plays and gets called for unbelievable nonsense calls. He is like WTF and the Golden boy yells and yells at the refs and discusses it all with them and we still don't get the calls.
Thats because Golden Boy isn't going to get calls in this country. Nobody know him, he looks to be about 13. He also looks like he'd just as soon suck a bobo as eat a chili dog. People used to bytch about Duke all the time..they get all the calls at home..Coach K gets in the refs azz and never gets a T. There is a reason that went the way it did..he coached in that league for 40 years. This dude looks like he just got off the fking playground. Not his fault, he should not be here to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator