Game Thread ***Official Game Thread BBALL: Florida vs Virginia***

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't remember a player single handedly choking so bad. Can't wait till we get pullin

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
world fails GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Had to run out unexpectedly but got back for the last 90 seconds. Missed a tight game obviously but I am not sure there was a plan on the last 2 offensive possessions or at least it did not look like there was a plan.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
+17 on the boards....but 16 turnovers killed us. Kugel and Clayton with 9 combined. Can't have that if we want to win big games. Liked what I saw tonight. If we take care of the ball we win. Team looks a lot better and I am interested to see how good this Pullin kid is. This team should make the tournament and compete in the SEC. Tough 2nd game against a good defensive team. Let one slip away though.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game, but this team looks to be playing better basketball than the football team is playing football.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In all fairness to Clayton, he’s a shooting guard forced to play PG against the ACC player of the year on defense.

Me thinks he will make many key shots for us this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There were mistakes and we lost, but this looks like a good squad that plays together and is getting good coaching. We're gonna see some nice wins this season. Guarantee it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In all fairness to Clayton, he’s a shooting guard forced to play PG against the ACC player of the year on defense.

Me thinks he will make many key shots for us this year.
He came here because he wanted to play pg. He'll be alright. Even though he shcit on himself at the end of the game. He did come up with a big stop late. He'll be alright

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn’t we call a time out on that last possession?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The big guys are going to cause a lot of headaches. We haven't had a duo like this since Noah and Horford.

Virginia is no joke of a team. Losing sucks, but games like this early on pay off.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Despite the sloppy end of the game I think this group has some potential.

This group did fight back from being down double digits and didn't fold like recent MW teams.

We have size, toughness and athleticism along the front line. We dominated the boards (+20?) and have some quality depth. The only negative was their freshman C getting the better of Handlogten in the 2nd half.

Golden needs to get the back court rotation straightened out as Clayton was very disappointing. I'm hoping Clayton just had a bad night and Golden didn't have a viable option with Pullin being suspended.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the first time in 8-9 years I am actually excited about the basketball team.
As mentioned by others, we have four quality bigs that are athletic and can really run the floor. Handlogten is a potential game changing big man that can take the team a long way this season.

We need to get Pullin back and get Kugel to play within himself but there is lots to look forward to this season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Get Pullin back at PG and we’re gonna be cooking

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
If we want to win basketball games, the Gators need to pass the ball to one of our players. The end of the first half and beginning of the second was horrendous passing. Trying to drop the ball into our players hands over an opposing ball player is high school stuff. That and lackadaisical passing led to way too many turnovers; at the end of the game, we actually passed the ball to one of their guys. This was a winnable game that we gave away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.