Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UGAly vs UF

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Idk how many times this needs to happen before Todd learns: YOU CANNOT PUT THE BALL IN CLAYTON’S HANDS LATE IN GAMES

*on inbound plays

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kugel has really had his struggles this season, but his 6 for 6 from the line down the stretch helped us pull this game out. Huge props there and I hope maybe it will give him a little spark heading into March Madness.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Kugel has really had his struggles this season, but his 6 for 6 from the line down the stretch helped us pull this game out. Huge props there and I hope maybe it will give him a little spark heading into March Madness.
Definitely huge

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins 85-80!!!!!!! Shouldn't be up and meds are kicking in. On to tomorrow night

Same time tomorrow night good sir

Michael Scott Wink GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'll try and one up you, but not on purpose.

About 2 weeks ago I kept getting the most horrific back, rib, shoulder blade, stomach and acid reflux pain off and on for a week or so. Then this past Thursday the pain went nuclear for 4 straight days. No reprive at all. Best I could do was crank a heating pad for the smallest relief. On Sunday I gave up cause I didn't think I could make it another night and went to the ER. After a bunch of tests turns out my gallbladder was inflamed, and had an impacted gallstone. Couldn't get surgery until late Monday afternoon. For the last 6 hours before surgery I was maxed out on pain medication and it didn't have any effect at all. It was like someone was drilling a knife in my stomach and side every 30 seconds for the 6 hours. I was yelling and cussing for a good portion, people probably thought someone was getting stabbed lol. Worst pain ever. Then finally they got me in Monday to get the gallbladder removed. Just got home yesterday.

Hoping to catch most of the game tonight
Been there… no pancreatitis for the bonus?

Oh, regarding FT & tQ’s,
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Watched the first half then went to bed. Game looked ugly, and I am old.

Box score this morning tells me a few things:

• For all the complaining over FT's and bad calls, we ended the night 23 of 41 (56%), not great but hellabetter than the first half I watch in terms of converting them (yes, Samuel went 9of23 so the Hack'a'Shak theory was in play). That ONE of our bigs has over half our free throws tells me their bigs ought to have been in foul trouble most of the night, and we have a much deeper roster of bigs than they do. Did we switch to an inside game to get around the zone? This issue with bigs and fouls should have been a HUGE factor in our benefit, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
  • That UGA went 16of27 (Samuel had nearly as many FTs as their entire team) says the refs must have not been so much against us in the second half.
  • When we beat AL at their place 105-87, we shot 40of46 (87%). That was unreal, both for the number of fouls and the number made. An abberation. I see this game as karma paying us back with poor FT's in the first half, but to end the game over 50% given how the first half went (and Samuel went ALL night), it shows good character and pulling it together, despite karma owing us.

Survive and advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator