***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Florida State***

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
gingerlover;n119078 said:
I would be curious how our backs would have done if they had attacked the outside instead of running straight up the middle on every hand off.

We will never know. But I like your idea. Too bad the coaches didn't. But this hack staff is almost done here. The bowl game then they are done.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Scott512;n119105 said:
We will never know. But I like your idea. Too bad the coaches didn't. But this hack staff is almost done here. The bowl game then they are done.

Since the Georgia game, teams have had an overhang defender much of the time. The outside hasn't been there much. But it seems as though the o-line has been playing as soft as a baby's ass since that game.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Offensive line is definitely something the new coaching staff has got to concentrate on

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n119142 said:
Offensive line is definitely something the new coaching staff has got to concentrate on

Should be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th priority.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
dubster1;n119154 said:
B
Brady couldn't win with that line

For whatever their pass pro hasn't been bad. No push in the run game. I guess their just good at going backward.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Coach9;n119166 said:
For whatever their pass pro hasn't been bad. No push in the run game. I guess their just good at going backward.
I was watching thurman today, he is a third stringer.humphries look like he has regress

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
dubster1;n119173 said:
I was watching thurman today, he is a third stringer.humphries look like he has regress

Think we may be better with Sharpe and Johnson at tackle next year. That Sharpe is a big boy.
Had high hopes for Humphries coming in. Just hasn't panned out.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Coach9;n119177 said:
Think we may be better with Sharpe and Johnson at tackle next year. That Sharpe is a big boy.
Had high hopes for Humphries coming in. Just hasn't panned out.
Well coach, new slate make every one earn it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n119100 said:
Exactly, we are inside the 50, we have all our timeouts and we gottem on the ropes. What do we do two bombs and finally go over the middle unbelievable. Oh well its over
Exactly. It's over.

Get that dawgshyt off our shoe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n118865 said:
I'm hoping Willis isn't a head case. Talented but needs to learn to harness it.
I wonder how many things have happened that we HAVENT heard about.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n118816 said:
I'm hoping Grier turns out to be a gamer. I don't think we can be an elite throwing team with Harris. He's a nice poised backup, but he's limited.
I'm hoping he's just injured. That fingernail thing can be a bear. Had one once.

That being said, Grier has one quick and live arm. Grier as the main QB, Harris followed by Driskel (TE/Wildcat) as the running qbs sounds great to me also.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n119265 said:
That was the worst 2 min drill I have ever seen. Its like they thought they had 20 sec left w/ no time outs. This is why we are firing Muschamp. Any other normal coach with this D could have won that game easy.

Agreed worst exectuion of that drill, ever. Just move the sitcks and had t/o's left. Being that with a failed philosophy and never running that drill or not often, I knew we were doomed.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n119013 said:
I didnt want to say nothing because i wear orange and blue shades. But it appeared to me that Winston touched him first. No excuse just saying

I went back and watched it in slow-mo. As Winston approached him, he stuck his hand in Willis' face and that's why Willis pushed him away. Winston did one of his famous acting jobs and sold that. Willis is a young man, with a temper like all of us had at that age. FSU's OL pushed Fowler numerous time and the officials did nothing, but separate them, afterwards.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Damien83;n118765 said:
Why are we still trying to run the middle??

I was extremely irritated at our lack of outside runs. Some of them were the RB's failure to bounce outside. There were numerous times when they could have bounced outside to nothing but open field. They killed Jawja by doing that and it baffles me how they couldn't see the open field. That's where backs like Cook excel. We could have pitched the ball outside to Powell, ran sweeps or something to soften the middle.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n118774 said:
That was home cooking bull**** on pittman

Yeah, that was BS! Latroy simply asked the Official how he held the DB and the Official told him to get out of his face. Latroy said, "I just want to know how I held." and the Official told him he would be penalized if he didn't move on. Latroy threw his hands up and said, "OK" and the Official threw the flag. The players had started saying things about all the bad calls, so, the Officials were looking for a reason the one of them and Latroy should have known that.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n119436 said:
Yeah, that was BS! Latroy simply asked the Official how he held the DB and the Official told him to get out of his face. Latroy said, "I just want to know how I held." and the Official told him he would be penalized if he didn't move on. Latroy threw his hands up and said, "OK" and the Official threw the flag. The players had started saying things about all the bad calls, so, the Officials were looking for a reason the one of them and Latroy should have known that.

they were acc officials. the bs was deep and continuous

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator