***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs FSU***

How many yards will UF rush for against FSU?

• 49 or less

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • 50-99

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • 100-149

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • 150-199

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • 200+

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of those annoying games where we don't have anything to win but everything to lose.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It was an exaggeration but there are certainly many who feel its secondary. You could argue that great recruits generally concentrate around great coaching which would add nuance to the “teams with higher average recruiting classes win 82.6% of the time” argument.

Bad coaches get fired, for everybody else it’s all about the Jimmie & Joe’s.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FSU's Drivers Ed class can only use the university car on M,W,Th. The Sex-ed class needs the back seat on T, F.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Good point. Saban and Mushchump are close.
Like I said, bad coaches get fired.
I'm compiling the data back to 2005, I have a few more years to do. When I'm done, you'll see it. But from what I've seen so far Jimmie & Joe's matter a helluva a lot more than who is coaching them.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Will your data also support us looking into the length of tenure at a given school for the head coach? I have a theory that the longer a coach is at a school, the higher his win-loss percentage is likely to be. I’m thinking that it could be an accurate predictor 80%+ of the time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Will your data also support us looking into the length of tenure at a given school for the head coach? I have a theory that the longer a coach is at a school, the higher his win-loss percentage is likely to be. I’m thinking that it could be an accurate predictor 80%+ of the time.

Maybe so. What I do see so far that the first year is usually not as good. I'll post the highlights in here but put all the data in the recruiting thread. That way if someone wants to massage it some other way they can.
I'll do an overall. then I'll pull out the years coaches got fired, then first year coaches. The idea is to see competent coach vs competent coach. This year is unique in that we only have one coach getting fired (so far) and even with him we've got a 82% win rate.
I plan to have two tables for all the coaches: Records against better teams, records against worse teams.
I have to go pretty far back. Saban hasn't played a better team since 2010.

Here's the starting table. from there I have to break it down for win/losses each year. I still have a few years to do.
247 does a cumulative roster back to 2015. Prior to that I have to make my own. And I can't do roster, I can just add up each class to see who overall recruited best (it doesn't take into account who has left the team). Best I can do for now. Prior to 2002 247's numbers get squirrelly and I don't trust them.
As you can guess from 2006-2010 we were kicking ass, then bama overtook us.

2005-2014.PNG

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I though he'd leave it as "they need the car Wed-Thur-Fri also known as the WTF days."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Overheard a guy said he was trying to make a date with an FSU grad. She told him to pick her up at the corner of "Walk, Don't Walk

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Random thought.. When fsux enters the field Saturday, shouldn't the Gator band be playing "Send In The Clowns"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator