***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Georgia***

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n95976 said:
We really stiffed Chubb after the first quarter.
His boner in the third quarter, the fumble after the long run, lost the game for them.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
This game shall henceforth be known as the "60 and 6 game."

This will be the future Wikipedia description:

"Former coach Will Muschamp, with his job in great jeopardy, engineered a dominant performance against the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Even though he was fired at the end of the season, Muschamp, who had never won as a player or coach in the rivalry, led the team to a 38-20 victory over the Bulldogs, a game which is known as the '60 and 6 game' since UF ran 60 times and passed 6 times. UF ran for over 400 yards against a highly ranked run defense, with future NFL players M Jones and K Taylor running for nearly 200 yards a piece. The game is also notable because Michael McNeely, now the US Surgeon general, executed a perfect fake FG for a touchdown. Moreover, the game represented the first start for Treon Harris, who won the Heisman in his junior season and led UF to SEC and National Championship in his final season."

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
QueenCityGator;n96709 said:

"Former coach Will Muschamp, with his job in great jeopardy, engineered a dominant performance against the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Even though he was fired at the end of the season, Muschamp, who had never won as a player or coach in the rivalry, led the team to a 38-20 victory over the Bulldogs, a game which is known as the '60 and 6 game' since UF ran 60 times and passed 6 times. UF ran for over 400 yards against a highly ranked run defense, with future NFL players M Jones and K Taylor running for nearly 200 yards a piece. The game is also notable because Michael McNeely, now the US Surgeon general, executed a perfect fake FG for a touchdown. Moreover, the game represented the first start for Treon Harris, who won the Heisman in his junior season and led UF to SEC and National Championship in his final season."

Cute future description. But McNeely is already the Surgeon General, and Jones and Taylor are still "future NFL players". They should be NFL HOF'ers. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n96709 said:

:clap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96501 said:
i withdraw the insult and apologize. However, based on player statements, they do not share your hatred of the coach they signed on with.
You mean the ones that didn't (yet) transfer or quit?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n97078 said:
You mean the ones that didn't (yet) transfer or quit?

Oh Law, your always so full of positive energy . . . or something.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things from the game.

1. It's clear that this year Muschamp has NOT lost this team. Contrary to what many believed, this team is playing hard and doing it for themselves and their coach. They even gave him the game ball. If you saw the way players were congratulating him on the sideline there is no way you can think he has lost this team.

2. There was no need to throw the ball more. It always amazes me when a football team is running the ball at will then starts trying to pass the ball. Why go away from what is working. Same thing if you are throwing it all over the place then decide you want to run it. UGA could not stop our running game. If you have something that is working, you keep doing it until the other team stops it. UGA never stopped it.

3. Treon made 2 really nice passes. Yeah... I know.. he only threw the ball 3 times, but the swing pass to Matt Jones was perfect and Jones caught that in stride and was able to keep running full speed. I haven't see that with Jeff. The pass to Pittman at the goal line was key and fantastic. Treon threw a great ball while moving and put it where only his receiver could make the play. Treon did a great job of keeping his eyes downfield and recognizing an open receiver. I think that is one area Jeff has always struggled.

Overall a great win. The team played fantastic and this should provide huge momentum for the rest of the season. Hopefully we really give Treon some time to grow in this offense.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
RocketCityGator;n95962 said:
Agreed! We just kicked the crap out of the Dawgs. Nobody, including me and the rest of this board, thought we would win. Enjoy it for one night.

Ummm that's not true Rocket, go back and check my simple post at the start of this thread, and I got picked on by my peeps for it :yes:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n97399 said:
Ummm that's not true Rocket, go back and check my simple post at the start of this thread, and I got picked on by my peeps for it :yes:

Liar, you don't have any peeps.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n95656 said:
TAMU is starting a true freshman quarterback today (Hill was suspended). I doubt Sumlin is going to go super conservative, but it will still be interesting to compare their stats (in order to refute the excuse that true freshman quarterback's can't start).

Just remembered I wanted to go back and reference this post. TAMU ran the ball 41 times, passed it 28. QB was 13-28 for 106 yards. And this was against ULM. Looks like they went pretty conservative, and also got shut out in the 2nd half at home against a 3-5 Sun Belt team.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548353

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Florida named FWAA national team of the week

5 hours ago
The Football Writer's Association of America announced Monday evening that Florida has been named the Big Game National Team of the Week following its 38-20 win over rival Georgia on Saturday. The win saved the season for the Gators, keeping them in SEC East contention for another week and greatly lessening the heat on head coach Will Muschamp for at least another week.
Florida piled up 418 rushing yards against Georgia, the fifth-highest single-game total in school history. The Gators became the fifth SEC team to earn the recognition this season, joining Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and LSU

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n98003 said:
Florida named FWAA national team of the week

5 hours ago
The Football Writer's Association of America announced Monday evening that Florida has been named the Big Game National Team of the Week following its 38-20 win over rival Georgia on Saturday. The win saved the season for the Gators, keeping them in SEC East contention for another week and greatly lessening the heat on head coach Will Muschamp for at least another week.
Florida piled up 418 rushing yards against Georgia, the fifth-highest single-game total in school history. The Gators became the fifth SEC team to earn the recognition this season, joining Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and LSU

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator