***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Georgia***

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n95996 said:
He said it was the longest run against Georgia in 3 years. Not overall.

He may have specified one time, but I'm pretty sure at least once he left that very important qualifying statement out.

:wobble:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
TN G8tr;n95958 said:
Will Muschamp is the guy that has been on life support. They code blue him in the ICU and pronounce him dead. Then they wheel him down to the morgue. As they are putting him away you hear from underneath the sheet in a faint voice, boom, M'fer. Honestly don't know what to think. But I'm going to enjoy this game and savor it. We'll deal with the WM fallout later.

Like that attitude.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just a couple of questions..

Does this qualify as a Great Win? Abso****inglutly!!!!!!!
Under the cloud surrounding this program, this has to be one of the sweetest wins ever!

Were there any great teams on the field today? Simply put, NO!
Whoever wins the East will be smoked in the SECCG.

Does this win change anyones mind about Muschamp? Shouldn't!
We got some breaks and played well enough to win but UGA was flat after the 1st Quarter.
The Muschamp experiment is a failure by any measure.

It's good to be able to smile after a Gator Game again!

Go Gators!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What if this transforms this team -- awakens a beast-team? … and it's "Muschamp's Boys" that win all but barely
lose to FSU, or even win that too?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n96056 said:
Just a couple of questions..

Does this qualify as a Great Win? Abso****inglutly!!!!!!!
Under the cloud surrounding this program, this has to be one of the sweetest wins ever!

Were there any great teams on the field today? Simply put, NO!
Whoever wins the East will be smoked in the SECCG.

Does this win change anyones mind about Muschamp? Shouldn't!
We got some breaks and played well enough to win but UGA was flat after the 1st Quarter.
The Muschamp experiment is a failure by any measure.

It's good to be able to smile after a Gator Game again!

Go Gators!

Not waiving the Muschamp flag, yet; however, the winning team gets the breaks. Mizzou beat us because they got enough breaks for 5 games. LSU beat us, because they got breaks, when a game winning pass was dropped and a late interception killed a drive thst could have gotten the game to OT.

I disagree about no great teams being on the field. We have a very good defense, that gets better each week. The scrap yards Jawja got at the end mean nothing. We were playing to keep the plays in front of us, so, they got some junk yards. Our OL played great against a very good defensive front. We have a pair of RB'S that are as good or better than most.

If we play with the attitude that we played win tonight, we can play with most. A lot will depend on how Treon does as he gets more time. We need to get Robinson involved more. We didn't need to throw the ball today, but, we will later.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n96217 said:
What if this transforms this team -- awakens a beast-team? … and it's "Muschamp's Boys" that win all but barely
lose to FSU, or even win that too?

I don't see how anyone can justfy firing Muschamp if we win out. No one thinks we can beat FSU, but, they said the same thing about Jawja.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to believe we ran the ball that way. If you had told any of us we would end the game with 27 yards passing, we would have thought we were on the wrong end of a blowout. Inspired, dominant victory over a bitter rival. I'll take it!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n96002 said:
BTW, I hope Neal isn't seriously injured. I think he's a baller and important for our D backfield.

Sounds like it's a pretty bad high ankle sprain, which sucks. We really need him against USCe and FSU. They need to get one of the other guys going.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n96221 said:
Not waiving the Muschamp flag, yet; however, the winning team gets the breaks. Mizzou beat us because they got enough breaks for 5 games. LSU beat us, because they got breaks, when a game winning pass was dropped and a late interception killed a drive thst could have gotten the game to OT.

I disagree about no great teams being on the field. We have a very good defense, that gets better each week. The scrap yards Jawja got at the end mean nothing. We were playing to keep the plays in front of us, so, they got some junk yards. Our OL played great against a very good defensive front. We have a pair of RB'S that are as good or better than most.

If we play with the attitude that we played win tonight, we can play with most. A lot will depend on how Treon does as he gets more time. We need to get Robinson involved more. We didn't need to throw the ball today, but, we will later.
We won't beat many teams without a passing game. No one expected the Dwags to just get run over like that...especially against a one dimensional team. Our team is capable of playing with most anyone, but they have a fragile physche and tend to give up when they get down by 2 scores and the offense isn't getting first downs. Was impressed with the way we played, but like I said, we won't win many games with that formula.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The team played for themselves today...not for Muschamp's job...that is out of their control. The thing that was different today was the attitude after something good happened. Instead of protecting the lead and playing cautious, both sides of the ball kept playing hard. In spite of the horrible offensive play calling, the offense played harder and broke some plays. The scheme today was the same crappy scheme that has been on display for the past 1 and 1/2 years...the players made the difference. They proved to themselves that they could play in spite of the cautious play calling. I hope they keep this up...today was just fruits for all their labor under a regime destined for mediocrity. The right guy was on the field leading the offense and the defense played quite well...lots of energy and determination. This was about the players, not about the coaches, and we should be proud of them.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
When you average 7.0 yards a carry on 60 carries, some may consider it smart play calling as much as cautious.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TallyGator;n96256 said:
The team played for themselves today...not for Muschamp's job...that is out of their control. The thing that was different today was the attitude after something good happened. Instead of protecting the lead and playing cautious, both sides of the ball kept playing hard. In spite of the horrible offensive play calling, the offense played harder and broke some plays. The scheme today was the same crappy scheme that has been on display for the past 1 and 1/2 years...the players made the difference. They proved to themselves that they could play in spite of the cautious play calling. I hope they keep this up...today was just fruits for all their labor under a regime destined for mediocrity. The right guy was on the field leading the offense and the defense played quite well...lots of energy and determination. This was about the players, not about the coaches, and we should be proud of them.

I may agree with you about players not playing for Muschamp except for the fact that so many of them made public statements to the contrary. You shouldn't have dropped out of community college and finished your associate degree in team psychology. You are projecting your sentiments onto other's behavior.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n96282 said:
When you average 7.0 yards a carry on 60 carries, some may consider it smart play calling as much as cautious.

It wasn't brain surgery. Once you saw they couldn't stop our run game, you'd be a fool to air it out with a true freshman QB and our suspect receivers. The Dwags were pathetic. It's almost laughable to let a one dimensional team just run it down your damn throats like that. :lol:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96305 said:
I may agree with you about players not playing for Muschamp except for the fact that so many of them made public statements to the contrary. You shouldn't have dropped out of community college and finished your associate degree in team psychology. You are projecting your sentiments onto other's behavior.

Why the insult? It is my opinion of what I saw from my team. If you disagree, then just say so. I admire the players for not throwing the coach under the bus...loyalty can be hard to come by sometimes. But today they hung together...as a team...for themselves...as a team. And I hope they continue to do so.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TallyGator;n96386 said:
Why the insult? It is my opinion of what I saw from my team. If you disagree, then just say so. I admire the players for not throwing the coach under the bus...loyalty can be hard to come by sometimes. But today they hung together...as a team...for themselves...as a team. And I hope they continue to do so.

i withdraw the insult and apologize. However, based on player statements, they do not share your hatred of the coach they signed on with.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough...thanks. I do not hate Muschamp. I think he is a good, sincere, and extremely hard working man. I just don't think he is a very good head football coach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n96521 said:
Fair enough...thanks. I do not hate Muschamp. I think he is a good, sincere, and extremely hard working man. I just don't think he is a very good head football coach.

I agree as well here to TallyG. He has those qualities but sometimes certain individuals are not just good Leaders.

Thinking back I felt it would be hard to win yesterday. Not impossible. But UGAly's Defense and Offense were exposed to what they exactly were, Frauds. UF has great Defense. And they put then game on the D and the OL to keep Treon in a manageable situation. UF's schedule the rest of the way is very winnable but we'll have to see if this group and staff and put it together again and build off of it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
MJMGator;n96338 said:
It wasn't brain surgery. Once you saw they couldn't stop our run game, you'd be a fool to air it out with a true freshman QB and our suspect receivers. The Dwags were pathetic. It's almost laughable to let a one dimensional team just run it down your damn throats like that. :lol:

Uhh, anyone remember Ga southern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator