***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Kentucky***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;49997 said:
MJMGator;n49959 said:
We're all rooting for the Gators. We're just ready for the inevitable so we can look forward to better days. That process can't start until we make a change with the HC and it's infuriating to keep waiting.
I understand the feeling but the answer is NOT to poison the well and breath fire on every Gator that understand that the process takes time. Firing a coach doesn't automatically fix anything. You also have to have a replacement that you know you can count on. Right now, I am not sure who that is.

I think the answer is to probably change QBs even though the other 2 may not be ready. Driskel made a HUGE play to keep us alive in this Game and maybe that catapults him into a great season. But the Bama game will tell us a lot about our QB.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's an old Albanian expression....

"How ya gonna keep Bama down on the farm
once they've seen Kentucky take you to triple overtime
?"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n50036 said:

?"

Get another moral victory tonight ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from State Farm;n49875 said:
It was a very entertaining game to watch.
Embarrassing is the word you were looking for.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake said:
Seriously, where are these naïve pumpers on the board coming from? You think beating the crap out of EMU and struggling against an anemic program like UK is call to break out the plans for a trip to Atlanta? Holy mother of delusion. Our pass routes look like they were put together by a high school coach. I don't think even Roper knows what a post pattern is for Christ sakes. Our DB's left their WR's wide friggin open all night. Only by the grace of the football gods UK didn't have someone like Hill of Texas A&M or South Carolina's Dylan Thompson . The offense looked like the same schlock as last year, one that we managed to win four games with. So yeah, go celebrate your 'victory.' I on the other hand knows what's coming. And it isn't friggin programs like EMU or UK. Our scheduled is now filled with REAL football teams with bona fide coaches that actually know what the hell they are doing. I will say this though, I bet Saban hasn't given us one iota of though and won't even let us pass though his head until Wednesday. That's how we are thought of in this conference. We are a joke. And we are going to be treated that way on the field with that dunce of a coach leading our way and I'm sick to my stomach thinking about it. But that's ok, you pop your corks and enjoy the bubbly, for now.
Sorry. Back to Mushball tonight after Driskel, as usual, shat his pants.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Just relax. Every game is a game unto itself. Even though it feels like a loss it's a win. Bammer game will be its own animal, you do not know if our scrapers are gonna show up and pull the upset . Why not us?

As far as why no deep routes? Our QB missed on several deeper throws early. A defining moment 2 actually, dropping the first down catch on opening drive to kill our opening mo and that pick that could of got us 3 on the board early. Penalties were atrocious. We sucked and still won, uk had to play their best game.

Hang in there

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n50036 said:

?"

It's pretty pathetic how someone has to hope that another team has to beat UF. Simply can't rely on UToothless to do it themselves. Lick those wounds all the way to UGAly and then another azz beatin.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I have made the decision to ban Tampa Gator permanently. Frankly I really don't want him on the board. He brings absolutely nothing positive to the table and seeks out being a troublemaker with every post.
Wow, that dude has a problem. Just reading and catching up from the posts. He needed to go!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am just as frustrated as any of us on here. To me summing it up is that we were consistantly inconsistant. Offense makes a bad play, Defense saves the day. Defense chokes, then the offense steps up. I have no doubt that if this was the 2013 edition, we lose. This team I will say seemed to fight til the end. Somewhere along the line credit will have to be given to Stoops and UK. He is doing a great job with that team. And one thing is I have never seen a UK team with that kind of speed. They are getting better. And remember we are a 4-8 team from last year trying to rebound. Many of us were screaming for offense and yet we get over 500 yds of offense but yet we are fighting to win in OT?? If one thing is consistant is there were issues on both sides of the ball. Special teams did fine IMO. One thing for sure that I like from last night is that when it came time for a "gut check" we stepped up. If one thing a team needs is to know they can dig down and pull out a win. It will be tougher going forward. QB and coaching issues as well. But lets see how it goes. Not pumping just hoping for the best with the situation that we're dealt. But in the end I do feel this team did get some positives out of it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
oxrageous said:
I have made the decision to ban Tampa Gator permanently. Frankly I really don't want him on the board. He brings absolutely nothing positive to the table and seeks out being a troublemaker with every post.
Good choice Ox

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TN G8tr;n50265 said:
I am just as frustrated as any of us on here. To me summing it up is that we were consistantly inconsistant. Offense makes a bad play, Defense saves the day. Defense chokes, then the offense steps up. I have no doubt that if this was the 2013 edition, we lose. This team I will say seemed to fight til the end. Somewhere along the line credit will have to be given to Stoops and UK. He is doing a great job with that team. And one thing is I have never seen a UK team with that kind of speed. They are getting better. And remember we are a 4-8 team from last year trying to rebound. Many of us were screaming for offense and yet we get over 500 yds of offense but yet we are fighting to win in OT?? If one thing is consistant is there were issues on both sides of the ball. Special teams did fine IMO. One thing for sure that I like from last night is that when it came time for a "gut check" we stepped up. If one thing a team needs is to know they can dig down and pull out a win. It will be tougher going forward. QB and coaching issues as well. But lets see how it goes. Not pumping just hoping for the best with the situation that we're dealt. But in the end I do feel this team did get some positives out of it.

Good summary. I agree

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We're still beginners with operating those offensive schemes. We may be stuck with a QB that is slow to catch on, but
has the best physical performance in practices plus his replacement is a smaller freshman. Driskel has to come around.
We may have to drop pass plays where he has to "drop" the ball into WRs and have only "line-drive" passes to the side
of the WR. Every facet develops separately.

So let's focus on our newly arrived excellent facets :
1) DRob turned in a "Megatron" performance. Enjoy that, stay positively up about next time coming.
2) We got a punter averaging 48 yards per punt, allowing only insignificant returns,flipping the field big time.
3) Old horse Matt Jones ran inside for well over 100 yards.
4) Andre Debose showed repeat dangerousness.

Stoops is a solidly good coach. He's got UK filled with better athletes,with better coaching. UK last night may
have played that "lights-out" game".

Our "too-young, to inexperienced DBs are learning by being schooled on the playing field. They will be more
attentive after the film room sessions.

Our O-line will make less lackadaisical mistakes from film embarrassment, but don't see why they aren't
executing better. They'll get much happier results this year by successful blocking.

We didn't seem to use all those "scrape off the DB" tight crossing patterns last night.
Our QB needs to not overthrow the longer passes. He also needs more time protection.
Look to other games for Treon to come in, for we have to let him shine with the experience.
Driskel needs to tear out on QB read runs.

There should be faith-hope that we trouble Alabama like Kentucky did us.
Remember, Gators are in the process of putting a whole "new-you" together. Piece by piece.
Go Gators, show us and them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n50412 said:
We're still beginners with operating those offensive schemes. We may be stuck with a QB that is slow to catch on, but
has the best physical performance in practices plus his replacement is a smaller freshman. Driskel has to come around.
We may have to drop pass plays where he has to "drop" the ball into WRs and have only "line-drive" passes to the side
of the WR. Every facet develops separately.

So let's focus on our newly arrived excellent facets :
1) DRob turned in a "Megatron" performance. Enjoy that, stay positively up about next time coming.
2) We got a punter averaging 48 yards per punt, allowing only insignificant returns,flipping the field big time.
3) Old horse Matt Jones ran inside for well over 100 yards.
4) Andre Debose showed repeat dangerousness.

Stoops is a solidly good coach. He's got UK filled with better athletes,with better coaching. UK last night may
have played that "lights-out" game".

Our "too-young, to inexperienced DBs are learning by being schooled on the playing field. They will be more
attentive after the film room sessions.

Our O-line will make less lackadaisical mistakes from film embarrassment, but don't see why they aren't
executing better. They'll get much happier results this year by successful blocking.

We didn't seem to use all those "scrape off the DB" tight crossing patterns last night.
Our QB needs to not overthrow the longer passes. He also needs more time protection.
Look to other games for Treon to come in, for we have to let him shine with the experience.
Driskel needs to tear out on QB read runs.

There should be faith-hope that we trouble Alabama like Kentucky did us.
Remember, Gators are in the process of putting a whole "new-you" together. Piece by piece.
Go Gators, show us and them.

Rog as always, good post and spot on.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Bullag8r;n49729 said:
Spurrier and Wuerffel were one play away from losing to Kentucky.

I knew this comment was forthcoming...and it's asinine. Don't start comparing Muschamp and his team to Spurrier &Co. CWM isn't fit to carry Spurrier's water bottle. And don't tell me that you're just pointing out that sometimes inferior teams have almost upset us. That's the norm under CWM, it wasn't the norm under Spurrier.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
PaulDrake said:
I do have one question for the night. Roper WAS at the game tonight, right? Because I didn't see much difference from last year and this game. We struggled to beat a perennial doormat. Struggled hard. I believe in the southern vernacular it's called "winning ugly." I have news for the pumpers. We are still being laughed at. We will continue to be laughed at until we get rid of this dead weight around our neck known as the head football coach. We WILL lose six games minimum this year. Six games. Maybe win enough to go to some 5th rate bowl. Then we can build a statue to this former Georgia alumni and put him out front with the rest of our honored heroes. How about that one. Tebow, Spurrier, and Wuerffel never, ever lost to a Vandy or a GSU. Never.
Is it too late to see if Kerwin Bell would like to be our OC?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n50545 said:
I knew this comment was forthcoming...and it's asinine. Don't start comparing Muschamp and his team to Spurrier &Co. CWM isn't fit to carry Spurrier's water bottle. And don't tell me that you're just pointing out that sometimes inferior teams have almost upset us. That's the norm under CWM, it wasn't the norm under Spurrier.

Was SOS and Danny one play from losing to Kentucky or not? Yes or no? Its not asinine its history ~ deal with it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Bullag8r;n50588 said:
Was SOS and Danny one play from losing to Kentucky or not? Yes or no? Its not asinine its history ~ deal with it.

If your intent in comparing those games is to defend Muschamp & Co., which seems to be the case otherwise why the comparison, then yes it's asinine as Muschamp hasn't produced SQUAT compared to Spurrier. While you're referencing history, reference this. In 1993, the game was on the road and we won when a FRESHMAN QB threw the winning touchdown to a walk on wide receiver with no time left. In 2014, at home, we won in triple overtime with a 4th year QB who appears to not have improved much since he set foot on campus (maybe due to not being very good AND/OR not being coached up?) and the current coaching staff didn't have the gumption to try one of the back up QB's any time throughout the game to maybe shake things up a bit.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n50623 said:
If your intent in comparing those games is to defend Muschamp & Co., which seems to be the case otherwise why the comparison, then yes it's asinine as Muschamp hasn't produced SQUAT compared to Spurrier. While you're referencing history, reference this. In 1993, the game was on the road and we won when a FRESHMAN QB threw the winning touchdown to a walk on wide receiver with no time left. In 2014, at home, we won in triple overtime with a 4th year QB who appears to not have improved much since he set foot on campus (maybe due to not being very good AND/OR not being coached up?) and the current coaching staff didn't have the gumption to try one of the back up QB's any time throughout the game to maybe shake things up a bit.

I made a historical observation that was neither genius not asinine. There are many comparisons to be made about the two games and most of them reflect poorly on the current program. Be that as it may, I suggest you ease up on bashing a lifelong Gator for making a historic observation.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
MJMGator;n49640 said:
Glad you're happy with the crap he produces but I'm not and neither is 95% of Gator Nation. He's living on borrowed time.

You are not the majority

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator