*** Official game thread Florida vs Kentucky ***

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The good thing about basketball recruiting is they usually stick.
Unless Duke or some other top major comes calling, ala Rivers a few years ago. But agreed, it's not the circus that football recruiting turns into.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unless Duke or some other top major comes calling, ala Rivers a few years ago. But agreed, it's not the circus that football recruiting turns into.
Yeah there's rare occasions like that. I can't remember if brad beal commiting had anything to do with that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So beat Mizzou and win 2 games in SECT, finish 20-14 and we just might still sneak in? Or maybe lose at Mizzou then lose out first game in the SECT and be on the NIT bubble especially since we can't host a game?

But most likely outcome is we find a way to win 1 or 2 more between Mizzou and SECT and finish with 18-19 wins and play in the NIT, which I couldn't give a crap less about.

I'm not sure I would watch us in the NIT. Win or lose it just tends to piss you off by reminding you you're not in the real tournament and no one give half a sh*t about the games except the fans and players from the universities in a particular game. I never watch the NIT and not sure UF playing in it makes it all that more interesting.

I didn't even watch the UK game. I was working and DVRd it. I'm usually good about avoiding the score and watch it when I get home, but I was too beaten down by the collapse to bear wasting my evening watching a certain loss so I listened to enough of the second half on Sat Radio on my commute home to confirm it was just another loss.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So beat Mizzou and win 2 games in SECT, finish 20-14 and we just might still sneak in? Or maybe lose at Mizzou then lose out first game in the SECT and be on the NIT bubble especially since we can't host a game?

But most likely outcome is we find a way to win 1 or 2 more between Mizzou and SECT and finish with 18-19 wins and play in the NIT, which I couldn't give a crap less about.

I'm not sure I would watch us in the NIT. Win or lose it just tends to piss you off by reminding you you're not in the real tournament and no one give half a sh*t about the games except the fans and players from the universities in a particular game. I never watch the NIT and not sure UF playing in it makes it all that more interesting.

I didn't even watch the UK game. I was working and DVRd it. I'm usually good about avoiding the score and watch it when I get home, but I was too beaten down by the collapse to bear wasting my evening watching a certain loss so I listened to enough of the second half on Sat Radio on my commute home to confirm it was just another loss.

Agree with most of this. However, we are winning 3 more games and getting into the tourney. Book it!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with most of this. However, we are winning 3 more games and getting into the tourney. Book it!
:pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper:
I give you credit for being undeterred, superpumperjay26.
I seemed to have lost my pump - if we actually make the tourney, maybe I'll find it again.
:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper: :pumper:
I give you credit for being undeterred, superpumperjay26.
I seemed to have lost my pump - if we actually make the tourney, maybe I'll find it again.
:chomp:

Hahah I don't actually think that's going to happen, but I am hoping my pumping can help.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some SEC teams have actually been improving this time of year... and we're
gonna have to play them.??

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

IF we make the tourney....I predict we'll be one and done. But I'd rather make an appearance than suffer 2-3 games in the NIT extending the mediocre season the way we've been playing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's make the tourney. Once there perhaps our problem has been that White ain't
much of a rah-rah motivator and just the honor spotlight of being in March Madness
will light a fire under Egbunu, DFS, Allen, Leon, Hayes etc and we'll turn into that
rare "big-school" Cinderella team. Go Gators -- try not getting behind so quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.