*** Official game thread Florida vs Kentucky ***

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
... sounds like athletes with marginal respect for the coach and a whole lotta selfishness going around. Free throws seem to be a personal responsibility... might be some leadership hot potato goin' on too.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... sounds like athletes with marginal respect for the coach and a whole lotta selfishness going around. Free throws seem to be a personal responsibility... might be some leadership hot potato goin' on too.

This is where I think there is an issue as well.
There is more talent on this team than many want to admit so something else is going on inside the program. Only one thing has changed so..........

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is where I think there is an issue as well.
There is more talent on this team than many want to admit so something else is going on inside the program. Only one thing has changed so..........
If by talent you mean athleticism, then OK. I can't call a team talented that shoots this poorly. It's as bad as I can recall.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Alright, we just gotta beat Missouri and win 2 in the tourney to put us at 20-14...we got this!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When you go 16-37 from the free throw line you deserve to lose. That's not on the coach.
If it was a fluke thing, yes. But we've been shooting like this from the line and worse from the field all year. At some point it is on the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Of course it's on the coach, u can't fire players so who else takes the blame? He will get his time with his recruits and then we will see, but i doubt he recruits the talent he has now, and the talent he needs isn't coming watching this ****

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If it was a fluke thing, yes. But we've been shooting like this from the line and worse from the field all year. At some point it is on the coach.

We shot terribly from the field and the line last year aswell. What I think the coach could have done differently is have us cut down on the quick shots. We're taking shots in the first 5 seconds of the shot clock that we could have had in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock. Why not move the ball and make them work defensively? These short possesions lead to some pretty good looks for the other team. If we've done anything decently, we've defended in the half court( up until a few games ago) so why not try to slow some of these games down? I understand that's not necessarily whites style but you have to be able to adapt to your personnel. I prefer a fast paced uptempo team myself but you have to have some shooters and some skilled scorers. We just don't have that right now.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VlZFFq.gif
May I go to the bathroom?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why is the cork on the fork?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
White is targeting a few on Rival's new 4 star list.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/rivals150-new-four-star-prospects

Top of our recruit list is Shai Alexander who has already committed to UF. Rivals says this about him:

Why he stands out: One of several Canadian prospects making their imprint on the rankings, Alexander is a long and rangy athlete at the point. He is explosive with the dribble and knows what to do as either a scorer or playmaker for others once he finds his way into the paint.

According to Rivals, we've also offered Christian David a 6'7 wing from Vermont (he's a Canadian like Alexander, which may help out), and Ibrahim Doumbia a 6'7 small forward from Jacksonville.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
White is targeting a few on Rival's new 4 star list.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/rivals150-new-four-star-prospects

Top of our recruit list is Shai Alexander who has already committed to UF. Rivals says this about him:

Why he stands out: One of several Canadian prospects making their imprint on the rankings, Alexander is a long and rangy athlete at the point. He is explosive with the dribble and knows what to do as either a scorer or playmaker for others once he finds his way into the paint.

According to Rivals, we've also offered Christian David a 6'7 wing from Vermont (he's a Canadian like Alexander, which may help out), and Ibrahim Doumbia a 6'7 small forward from Jacksonville.
Hopefully Alexander sticks to his commitment and I like the idea of adding another swing-type player for 2017; but I think more focus should be on another big man with some heft to fill the paint when Egbunu graduates. We got Hayes, but need a big that's a scoring threat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Alexander sticks to his commitment and I like the idea of adding another swing-type player for 2017; but I think more focus should be on another big man with some heft to fill the paint when Egbunu graduates. We got Hayes, but need a big that's a scoring threat.
The good thing about basketball recruiting is they usually stick.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If by talent you mean athleticism, then OK. I can't call a team talented that shoots this poorly. It's as bad as I can recall.

I can't argue with you regarding shooting especially after last night but there are other aspects of the game at which athletes can excel like playing defense like you care. This team does nothing well and many of these players were highly touted recruits and wasn't DFS sixth man of the year two years ago?
It just seems that they are regressing versus developing and this is what makes me search for an answer.

That's funny, I don't remember talking to Marty Cohen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marty Cohen is the biggest douche bag that covers the gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator