Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just want to point out a few things to help clarify my position on Karl....

1 We have hands down the worst offensive line in D1 CFB.....and we have for 9 straight games. That makes it the UTMOST priority to find a line up or players who perform better than being the worst in D1 CFB. Karl directly said the Oline would be a STRENGTH of this team.

2 We have witnessed 22 games FILLED with mind boggling game management debacles. These mistakes have at least altered the outcome of 3-4 games that ended in losses.

3 He has constantly defended questionable play calling(and I'm being generous here)yet despite going into 2 mini stretches of decent play calling for a total of about 2.5 quarters of this season he constantly returns to mundane and mis timed plays in routine game situations and critical circumstances.

He's not going to change....he doesn't know how to.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
“Ultimately our job is to develop football players and field a team that can be competitive and be in contention, and we certainly were competitive today."

This is a perfect example of why he cannot be the head coach of the Florida gators. We didn’t ask him to be competitive, we asked him to win games.
Competitive in a loss against one of the worst teams in the country. Yeah, that's what we're paying 7 mil a year for.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'd have never thought Pyburn going out would effect our defense so much but they were lost when he went down.
Guys didn't know the calls, didn't know the gap they were responsible for and worst of all quit even asking their teammates and just floated around and didn't do anything.
This is just my observation from the stands. It may have looked totally different from home.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Where"s he going to go? There ain't going to be anyone knocking down the door for a QB that is horribly inaccurate downfield beyond 7 yards.
Everyone wants a Mr Check Down in the QB room. Unfortunately if he was in an attacking offense, he likely has a better nickname. It's not really mertz, it's the dumbass with the headset.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well he’s not going to get fired after year 2. I think Law might be dead on. Next years Georgia game could be the finale unless drastic changes are seen.

I might not know much but I know this…..after coaching high school and AAU basketball for nearly 30 years….I know kids respond to tough coaches…..they thrive on that discipline…..and they brag how tough their coaches were for the rest of their lives. If you are going to be a fatherly figure who’s “building young men” it still has to be within a system of strong accountability with absolute consequences.

They don’t always need a hug.

I like Billy but you simply cannot accept mediocrity. You don’t have to be Bobby Knight but you cannot even hint that losing is acceptable.

I hope Billy figures it out…..cleans up the staff, holds the class together and further develops the culture to include an obsession for winning. As Pat Riley once said….’There is winning and there is misery. Nothing in between”.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy’s coaching style doesn’t remind me of SOS, Meyer, Graves, or Pell. Sadly, this coach is what comes to mind…

1699142078159.png

…and we could have used Gus today!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Watching the lsu alabama game? LSU just scored on a long pass play. Saban’s disgusted. Billy would smile and mumble something in his mic.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Watching the lsu alabama game? LSU just scored on a long pass play. Saban’s disgusted. Billy would smile and mumble something in his mic.
I am not sure Billy is quite as good as Saban.

Maybe with five more top 2 recruiting classes, an OC, a ST coordinator, a DC, a S&C coach and a clue how to coach football...he will get close.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well he’s not going to get fired after year 2. I think Law might be dead on. Next years Georgia game could be the finale unless drastic changes are seen.

I might not know much but I know this…..after coaching high school and AAU basketball for nearly 30 years….I know kids respond to tough coaches…..they thrive on that discipline…..and they brag how tough their coaches were for the rest of their lives. If you are going to be a fatherly figure who’s “building young men” it still has to be within a system of strong accountability with absolute consequences.

They don’t always need a hug.

I like Billy but you simply cannot accept mediocrity. You don’t have to be Bobby Knight but you cannot even hint that losing is acceptable.

I hope Billy figures it out…..cleans up the staff, holds the class together and further develops the culture to include an obsession for winning. As Pat Riley once said….’There is winning and there is misery. Nothing in between”.
Good post. Truth. His entire post game crystallized his losing is okay personality. He talked about those guys in the locker room, like they are all buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.