Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Florida's Black Uniforms for Military Appreciation are officially released along with a black helmet to match the uniforms.

Purists might howl; but Napier said it's something the players wanted and I'm sure Nike gave a gentle nudge in that direction as well.

Overall, I like the look and thought the orange and blue trim on the uniforms looks pretty sharp. Looking forward to seeing them in the Swamp!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They’re not the worst thing I’ve ever seen. Surprised that I’m saying that. It’s still all about performance. If we look good playing in them, I’m ok with it. The moment we look terrible in them and it all becomes a deflection, I’m out.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Gators will honor members of the armed forces, veterans and local first responders in style when they take on the Arkansas Razorbacks Nov. 4 during this year's 'Saluting Those Who Serve' game, presented by VyStar Credit Union.

As part of this year's honoring, the Florida football team will wear alternate black uniforms for the first time in school history.

In recognition of the teamwork spirit and the core values that characterize military members and first responders, each player's nameplate on the back of their jersey will display one of five words that are synonymous with the principles embodied by those who serve.

The five terms, which were selected by a representative of each branch of the military and first responders, are Commitment, Courage, Excellence, Honor and Integrity.

Last edited:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see the young men appreciating our fellow Americans who serve rather than protesting. What they choose to wear to do so is immaterial (assuming its not disrespectful which this clearly isn't).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As horrendous as the garbage they wore at home against ATM a number of years ago. Gimmicks for distraction?

Ah yes, the infamous alligator skin unis. Night game loss to A&M in Kellen Mond’s first(of 8) year. Also second ever game we interrupted WATB after Q3 for a tribute to Petty while losing. And would be JM’s next to last game as we fired him the moment SVU had finished taking our statements after the cocktail party in Jax two weeks later. Just good times.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ah yes, the infamous alligator skin unis. Night game loss to A&M in Kellen Mond’s first(of 8) year. Also second ever game we interrupted WATB after Q3 for a tribute to Petty while losing. And would be JM’s next to last game as we fired him the moment SVU had finished taking our statements after the cocktail party in Jax two weeks later. Just good times.
The infamous long TD pass to win the game for ATM was one I will never forget. Having Jay-Wan Taylpr (the safety), who was nothing short of horrendous his entire career, matched up man to man against Christian Kirk, one of the fastest and best WR's in America. Really showed coaching acumen.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see the problem with these. We've played football like a school that needs gimmicks to win/generate enthusiasm for over a decade now. Might as well complete the transformation with uniforms that have little to do with our school colors.

Maybe we can spray paint the field black as well to match the uniforms. What could go wrong on a noon kickoff?

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If we would have crushed a&m 42-6 like sos would have done, everyone wouldn't hate the swamp unis nearly as much. Sitting directly behind the bench, I could see why the players liked them.

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we would have crushed a&m 42-6 like sos would have done, everyone wouldn't hate the swamp unis nearly as much. Sitting directly behind the bench, I could see why the players liked them.
The Gator-skin uniforms were a missed opportunity by Nike. The general consensus notwithstanding, I really liked the skin pattern on the jersey and felt like Nike was onto something with it. They should have incorporated the scales into the jersey with our traditional colors. If done properly, I think the effect would look pretty damn cool and give us a unique look on our jerseys to go along with the most recognizable helmet in college football.

However, Nike being Nike, they decided to just vomit this on us as a one off thing, never to be seen again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The Gator-skin uniforms were a missed opportunity by Nike. The general consensus notwithstanding, I really liked the skin pattern on the jersey and felt like Nike was onto something with it. They should have incorporated the scales into the jersey with our traditional colors. If done properly, I think the effect would look pretty damn cool and give us a unique look on our jerseys to go along with the most recognizable helmet in college football.

However, Nike being Nike, they decided to just vomit this on us as a one off thing, never to be seen again.

1692143598584.gif

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just for fun I messed around in photoshop with the eye-bleeding green jerseys Nike gave us to show you a basic idea of what I was talking about. Caveats apply that the source pic was low quality and personally I would make the scales more subtle than this, but I still think this looks a lot better than the green jerseys Nike gave us:

scales jersey.png

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just for fun I messed around in photoshop with the eye-bleeding green jerseys Nike gave us to show you a basic idea of what I was talking about. Caveats apply that the source pic was low quality and personally I would make the scales more subtle than this, but I still think this looks a lot better than the green jerseys Nike gave us:

View attachment 60676
Turn the dark splotches into orange and its a winner.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

View attachment 60676

1692149262984.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.