***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Auburn***

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Auburn’s a good but not great team. They are currently riding the wave of positive press from not embarrassing themselves in their prime time games, unlike us. FF and co. Looked like crap against Miami and early against Kentucky - no one respects that. Maybe if Trask had been slinging the rock against Miami and we looked sharp, national media pundits would have more respect. That’s on Mullen for not going with the best QB, instead opting for the popular high potential guy.

That all said, I don’t necessarily agree that TAMU is materially different from Kentucky, our best win so far. Oregon probably is but they aren’t world beaters. I’m guessing its a closer game than most expect. Not ready to give us the 2 score win like @Slevin but I don’t think his logic is wrong.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Auburn’s a good but not great team. They are currently riding the wave of positive press from not embarrassing themselves in their prime time games, unlike us. FF and co. Looked like crap against Miami and early against Kentucky - no one respects that. Maybe if Trask had been slinging the rock against Miami and we looked sharp, national media pundits would have more respect. That’s on Mullen for not going with the best QB, instead opting for the popular high potential guy.

That all said, I don’t necessarily agree that TAMU is materially different from Kentucky, our best win so far. Oregon probably is but they aren’t world beaters. I’m guessing its a closer game than most expect. Not ready to give us the 2 score win like @Slevin but I don’t think his logic is wrong.
I must have blacked out when saying 27-14.

But I’ll ride with it. Maybe we get a late min td to pull away :lol:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don't even know what we are talking about. But Im here for you.
Its much appreciated. @Slevin thinks we beat Barn by 2 TDs in a low scoring affair. I figured you’d zero in on that considering how good their DL is and how inconsistent our D is.

PS - I’m assuming the new pic has something to do with Mullen being our version of Richt?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its much appreciated. @Slevin thinks we beat Barn by 2 TDs in a low scoring affair. I figured you’d zero in on that considering how good their DL is and how inconsistent our D is.

PS - I’m assuming the new pic has something to do with Mullen being our version of Richt?
Choker in the background.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It says we’re early 6 point favorites over Auburn.
F3YLCzK.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I might just rename this and make it a seasonal stats thread (good or bad)

In all fairness we’ve had lauded some pretty rotten teams with rotten offenses.

Auburn has an ok offense. Georgia has a good run game but a mediocre pass game. LSU has a great offense.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Good read on the stats comparison. I agree that Auburn is a good, not great team and very similar to us. Watching them at TAM they always seemed to be one play ahead, and played a very up tempo game which appeared to confuse the Aggies. Malzahn does a good job of play calling and it will be fun to see him and Mullen go head to head. Expect to see some end arounds, double passes, and other assorted video game plays. Nix can run the up tempo offense and he is dangerous when he gets out of the pocket. We will need to contain him and getting Zuniga healthy is a must. A & M's Defense got caught many times over pursuing the play down the field.
This game may come down to a big turnover like last years LSU game. Still worried about our OL. We somehow need to run the ball and keep Trask upright. Dont agree with the 6 point spread. Especially with all the hype Auburn has been getting. The SEC channel boys have been wetting their pants over Nix and Auburn. With LSU and the Cocks on the road we need to to protect our house the next 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.