Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Just like most fans that watched in real time.

So out of boredom I am listening to the post game presser. I have always known Edgar Thompson is a moron when it comes to football, but when asking about AR-15's long TD run, he prefaces his question by asking how it made things feel coming out of the end of the 3rd Quarter Tom Petty BS song shyt and then AR 15 long TD run? WTF does some silly standing to a musician's song have to to with the price of tea in China or the fundamentals on the football field?

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Coaches vs players. It is always on the coaches. Question is did the previous coaches so fubar the stacked deck that the new guys have no chance vs they never could swim.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I've been a Gator fan since the early 80s.

A lot of GREAT defenses over that span.

Watching the defense over the past several years:

200.gif

Last edited:

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
The defense is a huge concern and there's plenty to criticize, but improvement in something as complex as a college football program rarely runs in a straight line.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The defense is a huge concern and there's plenty to criticize, but improvement in something as complex as a college football program rarely runs in a straight line.
Also, when there is a lack of quality depth at a position, that position gets WEAKER as the season progresses because of wear and tear on the starter.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There’s plenty on here that swore we’d win 10 games.

I said 8-4 and until about 8:00 last night I felt pretty good about my prediction. It wasn’t that I saw a quick turnaround for us as much as I overestimated the dysfunction of teams like LSU.

I now believe that the goal is bowl eligibility and I am not sure that’s a given. I believe we have a real chance to beat Vandy, SCAR, and FSU and we only need 2 of 3 to reach 6 wins.

Beyond that I would only hope that we don’t completely embarrass ourselves nor set any more dubious records. I’ve had my fill of that already.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
I said 8-4 and until about 8:00 last night I felt pretty good about my prediction. It wasn’t that I saw a quick turnaround for us as much as I overestimated the dysfunction of teams like LSU.

I now believe that the goal is bowl eligibility and I am not sure that’s a given. I believe we have a real chance to beat Vandy, SCAR, and FSU and we only need 2 of 3 to reach 6 wins.

Beyond that I would only hope that we don’t completely embarrass ourselves nor set any more dubious records. I’ve had my fill of that already.
I was hoping for 8-4 too. That looks unlikely. The only thing I care about our on-field performance this year is the effect on recruiting.

So, far that doesn't seem to be an issue.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are right. It doesn't say "body weight." 9-1-9-a-4 says, "Forcibly driving the passer to the ground and landing on him with action that punishes the player."

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I was hoping for 8-4 too. That looks unlikely. The only thing I care about our on-field performance this year is the effect on recruiting.

So, far that doesn't seem to be an issue.
Like many of us I really believed we could continue our revenge tour and beat the Tigers in the Swamp. It is safe to assume that after UGA we are 4-4. Of the last 4 games we could win all, or lose all. So maybe we split the deal, and 6-6 is where we end up.

On recruiting the relationships with our coaches and recruits should be the glue that holds them together. As long as the locker room doesn't fracture like last year, we should be ok. Napier seems to have that under control for now. If we sign the current class and add to it, CBN will have the foundation for the future. Shane Mathews who is no pumper, said again this past week that he thinks Napier needs 3 seasons, to have the team he wants. At this point that assessment looks realistic.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
By Year 3, Toney better not be the DC or we are fuched big time. Last night, LSU scored 5 straight TDs in our home stadium. They did this with a mediocre QB. They were also 8 for 9 on 3rd down at one point. That's losing football no matter what or who. Our 3rd down defense is broken. I blame the defensive play caller. Our players can't possibly suck that bad. Toney makes Grantham look like Mike Ditka and Dan Quinn had a baby.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Fsu is looking like a certain loss to me now

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
re: offense
We had 10 drives.
5 drives ended in TDs
1 drive 3 and out: 4yd run AR, -1yd run TE, 1 yd pass TE.
1 drive 3 and out: AR sacked
1 downs: (end of half)
1 downs: false start penalty and 2 incomplete passes
1 downs: last drive ends in 2 incomplete passes.

re: Defense
LSU had 8 drives
6 TDS
1 FG
1 punt

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I've been a Gator fan since the early 80s.

A lot of GREAT defenses over that span.

Watching the defense over the past several years:

200.gif
If I remember correctly (lots of substance abuse back then) we use to have pretty damn good defenses. I always took defense for granted. Just score more. Who doesn't like that.

But we don't have an average defense. We don't even have a bad defense. We don't have a defense. I didn't think anything could be worse than TG who was bottom of the barrel. Who knew under that under the barrel you could find PT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.