Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We just are not physical. Everyone we play is physically stronger and we have no junkyard dogs that just want to lay wood.
You are not wrong, but we have heard this for almost 15 years. every time we played a real team, all you would hear is how much bigger and stronger and faster etc etc etc they were than UF. But I don;t buy it. Yes they play bigger and faster and stronger because they are coached well. They know their assignments on both sides of the ball thus not having to constantly think about what they are supposed to do. I have said it a million times, the product you put on display on game day is a reflection what you do during the week. At some point, competent people would care whether it is the donors or the admin. Sadly we have neither of consequence.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You are not wrong, but we have heard this for almost 15 years. every time we played a real team, all you would hear is how much bigger and stronger and faster etc etc etc they were than UF. But I don;t buy it. Yes they play bigger and faster and stronger because they are coached well. They know their assignments on both sides of the ball thus not having to constantly think about what they are supposed to do. I have said it a million times, the product you put on display on game day is a reflection what you do during the week. At some point, competent people would care whether it is the donors or the admin. Sadly we have neither of consequence.
Well said. Have thought the same thing all season. We don't practice well. Napier was pretty high pre season about our defense, but probably because in practice our D stopped HIS offense.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let me give this a shot,

Mullen left absolutely no players who have ever played football.
Billy has a system like Saban.
All our guys are Doogie Howsers and entered college at 14, they're so young.
Billy is picking only the best character players who would never fight during an LSU game.
He's built a foundation at UF since clearly UF has never had a winning football program.
He just has to coach better, even though he should have been coaching better from the start.
We just need an OC, Muschamp only had 3

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Need a new DC this offseason.
Not disagreeing. But don't think it happens. Napier is stuck. Yeah, he could muddle it up and hire a co defensive coordinator or something but that's not going to restore our defense to being a Defense.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Not disagreeing. But don't think it happens. Napier is stuck. Yeah, he could muddle it up and hire a co defensive coordinator or something but that's not going to restore our defense to being a Defense.

Well we need someone who knows what they are doing. 700 yards? Arkansas put up 10 points and 235 yards against Auburn today. They had 480 against us last week. The need for a change is on tape.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's hard to believe this idiot has a top 5 recruiting class currently, very doubtful it's gonna stick through signing day. If it does, Billy might be the greatest conman ever.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well we need someone who knows what they are doing. 700 yards? Arkansas put up 10 points and 235 yards against Auburn today. They had 480 against us last week. The need for a change is on tape.
Yep. 100% true. It's said stats are for losers but I disagree. Stats here do not lie. But Billy is at a loss. He thought he put it all together and it's not panning out. I just don't think he has it in him to do what's needed. Really, he's at a loss and I don't believe he can turn it around. It would be a complete overhaul. We are talking about a guy that never seems to understand post-game that things are really bad.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to believe this idiot has a top 5 recruiting class currently, very doubtful it's gonna stick through signing day. If it does, Billy might be the greatest conman ever.
Muschamp had some top classes. He's not giving up that title so soon. :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Need a new DC this offseason.
Need the recruiting class to stick and the defense will be much better next season with more talent and competition at the positions. They still won't be great though. It will take another great class.

I'm worried about the OL. No big time recruits in this class.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Call Urban.
At this point, beg Urban.
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Need the recruiting class to stick and the defense will be much better next season with more talent and competition at the positions. They still won't be great though. It will take another great class.

I'm worried about the OL. No big time recruits in this class.
You're like a battered housewife. Beaten and bruised, and so sad, but still standing by your man bc there's good in him somewhere in there. You just know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator