• Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
If you can explain the midline, please do so.

The midline is probably the most basic option play. It's actually the very first option play I teach my middle school kids.

Here's a diagram of our version:
ML.jpg

Basically like any option play it is designed to put a defender in conflict and make whatever decision he makes the wrong one. In this case the playside guard lets the DT go. The DT then has to decide whether he is going to hold the gap he's in or come down to get the dive through the A-gap. PS Guard and the center double team the middle linebacker. If the DT goes for the dive, QB pull the ball and follows the wingback through the hole the DT just left. We use this to set up the triple. Once the playside end starts anticipating this play and bailing out to try and help, we call the triple in this direction to set up for a big play on a late pitch.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The midline is probably the most basic option play. It's actually the very first option play I teach my middle school kids.

Here's a diagram of our version:

Basically like any option play it is designed to put a defender in conflict and make whatever decision he makes the wrong one. In this case the playside guard lets the DT go. The DT then has to decide whether he is going to hold the gap he's in or come down to get the dive through the A-gap. PS Guard and the center double team the middle linebacker. If the DT goes for the dive, QB pull the ball and follows the wingback through the hole the DT just left. We use this to set up the triple. Once the playside end starts anticipating this play and bailing out to try and help, we call the triple in this direction to set up for a big play on a late pitch.
Thanks.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Who in your opinion scores the first touchdown for us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator