• Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Back in the 80s I had a job offer in Hollywood Fl. and I took a ride down there to check it out. Before I got off of 95 I knew I wasn't ever gonna live there. Went to meet with the person anyhow and declined the offer. I have been there once or twice since but have zero desire to ever go back.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
the defense on the field half of the game, and some of the worst punting in the nation last year weren't the reasons why recruits didn't come to Miami?

Genius alert. This is new recruiting spin not previously witnessed here. Defense on the field half the time you say? Omg, who could recruit under these circumstances.

Bad punting hurting recruiting? How the hell did we not think of that excuse for Muschamp or Macsharkophile? Cane man is really bringing the heat with the hot takes.

I just hope ole Willie and his fans also understand that FSU’s bad punting and a ridiculous defense that keeps going on the field half the game - particularly when the other team has the ball - is harming the Noles recruiting. Anyone blaming Willie is an ignorant racist that doesn’t want to acknowledge that the defense just keeps taking the field half the time. His defensive coordinator is black too? Oh no, it’s black on black crime.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
DE:
JR Jonathan Garvin- probably the best DL in the ACC.
SR Scott Patchan - Guy that has dealt with injuries for most of his career but filled in as a rotational DE. Will finally start.
RS SR Trevon HIll- was a beast at VT and was primed to have a career year but was kicked off the team for what I'd assume was unhappiness with coaching...? You'll be seeing a lot of him.
RS FR Gregory Rousseau - Received the most hype that I've ever seen from any player, let alone a freshman last year. Just an abnormally huge person. Played in one game before going out for the year with an ankle injury.
FR Jahfari Harvey

To answer your question, I think 8 is correct until you get to Harvey and the freshmen DT's. Will be 9 when Nesta comes back. We don't rotate a lot though;I think Manny is scarred since that long LSU run last year. He had like 6 backups on the field.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
5F9E17D5-2414-4BC3-A259-21CD62873E83.gif
What a ****ing joke! **** south Florida and **** Miami! I live in Gainesville and it's by far a better place to live. Have fun on this board before Saturday. Because after the game starts I'm sure we'll never see you again. Your weak ass team is about to get b*tch slapped at home.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Genius alert. This is new recruiting spin not previously witnessed here. Defense on the field half the time you say? Omg, who could recruit under these circumstances.

Bad punting hurting recruiting? How the hell did we not think of that excuse for Muschamp or Macsharkophile? Cane man is really bringing the heat with the hot takes.

Quite genius isn't it? Richt was ahead of his time. Who else would have thought to favor the junior QB from the past regime instead of the QB that he actually recruited? Instead of developing the RS FR and catering the offense to him, Richt decided to run a predictable wishbone offense from the 90's and went with the inaccurate and turnover prone upperclassman simply because he was more mobile. Then when said inaccurate QB couldn't convert on several drives, our world-renowned punter would make it all better by punting the ball 30 yards to opponents. Amazing output on offense and special teams. I mean who wouldn't want to play for us?

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
In three weeks you are going to be in West Palm doing voodoo chants praying that Richt would come back.

At worst we'll be 1-1 in three weeks. No need for me to pray.

I appreciate him for turning us around after dealing with Plague Golden and finally running a defense that fits the players that we recruit BUT he mentally checked out last year. Will never speak a bad word about Richt; his play-calling on the other hand was bottom of the barrel.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Quite genius isn't it? Richt was ahead of his time. Who else would have thought to favor the junior QB from the past regime instead of the QB that he actually recruited? Instead of developing the RS FR and catering the offense to him, Richt decided to run a predictable wishbone offense from the 90's and went with the inaccurate and turnover prone upperclassman simply because he was more mobile. Then when said inaccurate QB couldn't convert on several drives, our world-renowned punter would make it all better by punting the ball 30 yards to opponents. Amazing output on offense and special teams. I mean who wouldn't want to play for us?
Patchan with injuries? Wow! Now that is a surprise.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

I appreciate him for turning us around after dealing with Plague Golden and finally running a defense that fits the players that we recruit BUT he mentally checked out last year. Will never speak a bad word about Richt; his play-calling on the other hand was bottom of the barrel.
What made Richt so much better at UGa than Miami?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Going out on a limb here but a real good reason for playing a more mobile but less accurate QB is a bad OL. Seems like old Richt knew what he was doing with that one...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It’s way more fun to read something, only remember the phrasing in a way that’s suits the argument you’re trying to make, then blast off in that direction.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You didn't like the play action on 3rd down, regardless of the needed distance? I was always a fan.

As for your turnaround, that may be a bit premature to call. I have no more data to off of you than you at this point, but the likelihood of success for DC-turned-head-coaches, especially if it's their first stop and/or a place with expectations, is probably under 20% if I were to guess. Again, I understand the optimism. But you should've seen some here when we landed WM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and finally running a defense that fits the players that we recruit BUT he mentally checked out last year.
Frankly, by almost any measure, Richt has been far better than Enos in his career as a playcaller. As I said, you will be wishing he hadn't left.

BTW, who checked out on defense and allowed Wisconsin to score all day long?

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Going out on a limb here but a real good reason for playing a more mobile but less accurate QB is a bad OL. Seems like old Richt knew what he was doing with that one...

I'd agree with that if N'Kosi struggled with the same plays that Rosier did but he was clearly better when given the chance. Perry messed up, as any RS Freshman would, and Richt immediately took him out and put Rosier back in.If Richt really knew what he was doing he wouldn't have played musical chairs with them both during the season.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
Frankly, by almost any measure, Richt has been far better than Enos in his career as a playcaller. As I said, you will be wishing he hadn't left.

BTW, who checked out on defense and allowed Wisconsin to score all day long?

I'll take the player's and media's word over yours kind sir. Dan Orlovksy labeled Richt's play-calling as "archaic" while Enos is partly responsible for the development of Tua and Bama's offense. I know who I'm choosing.

And I can tell you didnt watch the Wisconsin game. If you did you'd know that Wisconsin consistently had a short field to work with because as I mentioned before, our offense and special teams sucked. We literally turned the ball over three times and punted twice the first half of that game and still was only down by 11 at the half.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator