***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Missouri***

What is the more likely scenario against Missouri?

• UF throws for 300

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • UF runs for 300

Votes: 45 75.0%

• Total voters

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Of our remaining 4 games, here is my concerned list:

1) FSU
2) South Carolina
3) Idaho
4) Missouri
I’m more concerned with South Carolina than I am any of the rest. Not because they’re a great team or anything, I just expect us to have another Vandy-like outing before the year is over.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I posted in another thread that we CAN win all four of our remaining games. However, I'm a little concerned about all of them (except for Idaho). Missouri scares me because of our issues in the secondary and the uncertainty of our team's psyche after a tough loss. If Mullen can get their heads in the right place, and have a good week of practice, and come out and play the way we should, then yes, we will beat Missouri easily. But, as has been mentioned in this thread, we have been known to make pedestrian QB's look like Heisman winners...so we shall see.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are we mature enough to rebound because we have team goals still obtainable... with a rebuild going on after years of no identity... answer with a team effort win then all’s good. :cool:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
On the DEFCON scale:

Defcon Chump: We gonna lose
Defcon Mac: Not surprised if we lose
Defcon Mullinz: Surprised if we lose
Defcon Meyer: Confident we win
Defcon Spurrier: Confident we win by 50, get their mascot pregnant and leave a double decker in their locker room.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I feel after last Saturday they will come out confident and determined. Henderson being back will help control Lock's passing game. But Lock has the tendency to shyt the bed when he makes a few mistakes. Need a little push from the Dline and that will do what we need it to do. Home game, rebound, Gators win. Winning this game sets us up for a four game run.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
On the DEFCON scale:

Defcon Chump: We gonna lose
Defcon Mac: Not surprised if we lose
Defcon Mullinz: Surprised if we lose
Defcon Meyer: Confident we win
Defcon Spurrier: Confident we win by 50, get their mascot pregnant and leave a double decker in their locker room.

That's some funny stuff TM. Keep up the good work.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was worried about this game, and before the season saw this as a probable loss but Ox has convinced me these aren't the same Tigers and definitely not the same passing offense of last year. They look like one of the worst teams on our schedule stat wise.

No reason we shouldn't stomp them. QB pressures, and INT's by the D, and stout running attack and mostly sideways passing with the occasional deeper shot should be enough to grind to a steady lead that builds in the 4th Q.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Mizzou is 4-12 on the road since Lock took over from Mauk in '15.
Let's have some Homecoming magic, Gators!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Missouri is a dangerous team who is going to beat someone they shouldn't, I hope it's not us. As good as we can be we certainly can't take a game off.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Missouri scares me because of our issues in the secondary and the uncertainty of our team's psyche after a tough loss.

The question no one seems to be asking is what about Missouri's psyche? Their loss to Kentucky was about as demoralizing as they get....losing at home with no time on the clock after a really questionable interference call just when it appeared they had pulled off an upset. And now they have to go on the road to a (hopefully) loud, intimidating venue.

I understand the concern and the questions about what kind of performance to expect but it seems that Missouri would be just as likely, if not more likely, than the Gators to come out flat and play poorly.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The question no one seems to be asking is what about Missouri's psyche? Their loss to Kentucky was about as demoralizing as they get....losing at home with no time on the clock after a really questionable interference call just when it appeared they had pulled off an upset. And now they have to go on the road to a (hopefully) loud, intimidating venue.

I understand the concern and the questions about what kind of performance to expect but it seems that Missouri would be just as likely, if not more likely, than the Gators to come out flat and play poorly.
That's a good point especially with them playing away.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
With this team we can't take any games off, Vandy could have beaten us if we did not respond properly.

Missouri is a dangerous team who is going to beat someone they shouldn't, I hope it's not us. As good as we can be we certainly can't take a game off.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From a gambling site:

MISSOURI at FLORIDA...Dan Mullen 6-2 vs. line TY, his teams are 14-7 vs. spread last 20 in reg season (MSU & UF). Mizzou 4-7 vs. spread in games with single-digit spread since LY, also no covers last five away from Columbia. Home team has covered eight of last nine Tiger reg season games.
Lean Florida, based on team trends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator