***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs N Colorado*** CANCELLED

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
September 9th, night game or not, will be hot as frick. This will be the world's largest wet t-shirt contest evah!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh don't worry, UAB.

You'll get yours.

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
865.jpg

Are we being sponsored by livestock supplies now?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I believe we wore white at home one time during the Spurrier era in an early season game. Speaking of white, deep six those white helmets once and for all please.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall a "white out" game during the Spurrier era, but I agree 100% about the helmets...no more white helmets!
I find it odd that some envy other teams who have vintage uniforms yet get grumpy about us taking off the Charley Pell era 1970 script look helmets and wearing something vintage.

I'd be happy with white all the time. It certainly makes sense for day games when it's 102 degrees.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I find it odd that some envy other teams who have vintage uniforms yet get grumpy about us taking off the Charley Pell era 1970 script look helmets and wearing something vintage.

I'd be happy with white all the time. It certainly makes sense for day games when it's 102 degrees.
I loved the white helmets with the block F we wore in 2006. The new version with that horrible F on one side and script Gators on the other is a different story.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I loved the white helmets with the block F we wore in 2006. The new version with that horrible F on one side and script Gators on the other is a different story.

I think it's largely perception. We love those block helmets, in part at least, because of how that 2006 game against the Tide played out en route to a title. The F helmets, in contrast, will always remind me of a team and program that had lost its way and had gotten too cute in Tebow's final year. I'm honestly not sure we've ever played well in them despite numerous attempts and varying degree of opponents. It's actually remarkable.

I just wonder how our feelings may have differed if we'd lost that '06 game, and won in '09. Similar to how I cringe when I see the orange, which brings me back to 80's childhood horrors in BHG, while the blue makes me think of those great 90's Spurrier years. May be wrong but I think that definitely has a hand in things.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda dig our current helmets in white every once and a while, but PLEASE pick a single logo. That two logo look is retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator