Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Numbers are the numbers but in this case numbers can be misleading

I would normally agree after the first two weeks. But truthfully, we’ve played as much or maybe even more opposing talent as anyone in the country. The vols, for instance, probably couldn’t have found two worse teams to start their year if they tried. At least Utah is probably a legit P12 contender.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Are we down that bad as a program where losing to Tenn is okay as long as we look “improved?”

Man gtho :bwahaha:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Are we down that bad as a program where losing to Tenn is okay as long as we look “improved?”

Man gtho :bwahaha:
7A2R.gif

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I like our chances. UT is definitely talented and they have a really good HC. But we're playing with a chip on our shoulder because everyone in the college football world was talking **** about us the last week or so. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again in this game, I think we win. Like 28-24 Final score.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I like our chances. UT is definitely talented and they have a really good HC. But we're playing with a chip on our shoulder because everyone in the college football world was talking **** about us the last week or so. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again in this game, I think we win. Like 28-24 Final score.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That was one of the most underwhelming answers to the rivalry question Ive ever heard.
He doesn't care about rivalries. They go over that during on-boarding (the history portion). It's how college football (players/coaches) is these days. It's just a job.

Sad.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Keys to a win:

* min penalties
* need turn overs
* no ST screw ups
* play with a lead

Keys to a loss:

* penalties
* give turn overs
* ST per usual
* play from behind

:lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Our coach cannot coach worth a crap, but I really need to see a win.

I am flying from out of town with my 2 daughters, I bought 3 row 1 tickets, and spent about $2,500 (including travel) to see this. Since graduating I have never been to a game that the Gators lost. That includes the 2006 NC game in Glendale.

Go Gators!!!
aliens-game-over-man.gif

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
That's because if you actually heard what he was saying instead of what you already think then you could have interpreted it.
I heard him very clearly. He spoke around the question and answered it as obliquely as he could. He knows the fans and prior, more successful coaches than he, have a view of rivalries and rivalry games that he does not. So, he can't just come out and say "Its just another game". Instead, he says he teaches them the history of the series and its importance during summer camp. He said absolutely NOTHING about its importance during game prep, motivation, or game planning. Its just another game to him. Trust the process. That's all he's got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator